Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

When going to purchase an oil filter for my 03 SE, it seems I need to know whether I have a "P" VIN or a "3" VIN. Problem is I have both P's and 3's in my VIN. Which place in my VIN do I look at to know.

Plus, what MC filter should I purchase.

Thanks.[:D]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ask them to make sure that both VINs don't take the same oil filter.

I have had the same question asked regarding my 2005 duratec. I also have a VIN with the P and 3. On my car "it doesn't matter" as both VINs take the same oil filter - Motorcraft -FL-910.

Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
433 Posts
yeah prolly depends on what motor you have...if you go to autozone or a place like that they should have books that tell you the correct model oil filter

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
8th digit in the vin, it's either a p or a 3...

and yeah, have them choose one and then the other, most like it, is the same filter, i'm one of the managers at autozone, the system is setup like that.

like for saturns, it'll ask you if is an sl/sl1/sl2/...... just BS...

hope it helps.
javier

·
Registered
28 Posts
JediButch said:
Hey,

When going to purchase an oil filter for my 03 SE, it seems I need to know whether I have a "P" VIN or a "3" VIN. Problem is I have both P's and 3's in my VIN. Which place in my VIN do I look at to know.

Plus, what MC filter should I purchase.

Thanks.[:D]
You have the SOHC SPI Engine, so the VIN code would be P. The correct Motorcraft oil filter for your car is the FL-400S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts