Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I was looking at our focus today and you look great in everything but I just wanted to check the VIN.

Does anyone know how to get a free VIN check, or can anyone provide me with one?

Here's the VIN: 3FAFP31353R120595
Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked at the ford website. Doesn't really say much. The vehicle I am looking at has a rebuilt title. Can anyone here run a carfax or other check to give me more info?

VIN-3fafp31n85r120594

Don't mind spending a few bucks to do it myself. Would like any recommendations.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Have not heard of a free service for that. Also, never seen that provided here by fellow members. I stopped by my local Ford dealer and was LUCKY they gave me a free carfax on my used Focus (a private party sale)... and bought it one day later. This dealer was the same dealer that originally sold the car when new.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I broke down and spent the 7 bucks to get it. Car is originally from MD which would explain it being amazingly rust free. Been in MA/CT for about 5 years and 40K miles. It apparently had some sort of accident when it went from MD to MA and had a salvage title. It had another accident about a year later. Looks good now. I can see you evidence of it taking any sort of major hit underneath. Drives like new. I think it is worth taking a shot at it. I checked the CT DMV site and it says that rebuilt titles have already been through the salvage inspection.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Salvage inspection might not mean much.

Here in NY it's primarily to check receipts for major components to try and insure they were all obtained legally, plus a basic check that all required components are present.

Still need to check yourself to see if there's evidence of major repairs that you wouldn't want to live with (like under hood to look for structural damage to collision structure).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did that. Looked at where the bumper mounts meet the body. No indication of anything incurring any previous damage.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Stay away from it.

Think water damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts