Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of video from my 2nd track event - at Rockingham Raceway again (decided I couldn't wait for the next one - help me I'm addicted [driving] ).

Got to run in yellow group this time, so everyone was a bit faster. I kept waiting for a point-by from the Porsche, but I guess he figured since he could pull away on the front straight...
Listen for the bang at around 6:30 - tracked out a little too far and caught the curb. The car was fine.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3832645271123389016&hl=en

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Very nice vid...yeah, that Porsche driver had his knees knocking, afraid of getting passed by a Ford. [;)]

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and what was the average speed in that video?
Didn't catch up with the driver - I was going to joke about a point-by but wasn't sure they'd take it the right way.

Looking back at the video and checking my speedo needle, I was topping out at around 115 on the back straight, and 60-70ish on the two infield straights.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Do you know the difference between a Porsche and a Porcupine ???

With a Porcupine, the PRICKS are on the outside...

·
on thin air
3,668 Posts
wow, thats pretty impressive. I dont see any mods listed on your profile, so I am wondering what you have done. We have a porche club out here that I have a connection to and I am supposed to get my first track day at their next event. Curious as to how I will do...this could be a good indicator.

That looks like crazy fun too...I am jealous. One day I will get my car out on a track other than autoX

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, thats pretty impressive. I dont see any mods listed on your profile, so I am wondering what you have done. We have a porche club out here that I have a connection to and I am supposed to get my first track day at their next event. Curious as to how I will do...this could be a good indicator.

That looks like crazy fun too...I am jealous. One day I will get my car out on a track other than autoX

Thanks! It is crazy fun!

Engine is stock apart from Tom's tune and a FR panel filter.
Suspension is Intrax springs, KYB AGX's (2F, 8R), Eibach sways (22F, 25R).
I'm throwing my 28.6mm Steeda (customized to be adjustable) on this weekend. We started to get a little rotation, but I'd like a bit more. I'm going to get LCR camber plates soon, too.

The ballast was my instructor - him not talking meant I was doing OK [cool]
I'm in the groups where you have to run with an instructor at the beginning of the weekend, then you get signed-off to solo at the end.

Next up is VIR Full in Dec!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts