·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great video and I can't find it anymore. Know where it's at let me know [thumb]

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The nice thing about the SC in the Tib is that it has an integrated water-to-air intercooler which allows you to use smaller pulleys to easily increase boost and they are surprisingly efficient for what they are. I know because I was looking into one myself with the SC when I had my Grand Prix GTP but it wasn't available at the time I wanted one.

·
Registered
919 Posts
LastRites said:
Great video and I can't find it anymore. Know where it's at let me know [thumb]
She is running an alpine supercharger, a buddy of mine in Hickory NC let me drive his S/C Tib. He was running the RIPP supercharger which is the centerfugal type. His was running 5 psi and puttin down 317 whp with a water/ethanol cooler. It was just nasty. The blower is good to I believe 20psi though the motors not. The spring in the pop off valve is only set to 5psi. Its absolutly nasty. When I can afford it my wifes will be getting the RIPP treatment but as for the video here you go Clicky

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a six unless some schmuck with a four decided to throw on the dual exhaust to make theirs look like a GT.

Damn I knew I should have picked up a Tibby too! I had a boss back in Colorado that liked to race so every week during lunch we'd head into the mountains (twisties, haha) and run. He had the Tiburon GT with a CAI and I would kill him every time. He then got a tune and evened things out more but I still kicked his ass.

I really do like those cars though. Here in Korea it's called the Tuscani and they are THE car to mod. Almost all of them or at least all of the newer body styles are six's and I have seen some very sweet ones. Now I want a Tibby damnit! [:)~]

Suppose I could sell my truck and get a Tibby & an SRT-4 to compliment the SVTF [:D]

·
Registered
919 Posts
Tibs are really nice cars not much room for a backseat though. I've been impressed with my wifes, Its still quicker than me if I don't spray.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh your wife drives the Tib, damn. My girl drives my 300 HP F-150 and I'm dying to get her to run me at the strip, lol.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
well i was about to buy a tibby and it had dual and it was a 4 cylinder. it was bone stock. the exhaust are stock dual. it may be an optional thing

when i 1st saw it i though it was a v6 but it wasnt.

·
Registered
919 Posts
LastRites said:
Oh your wife drives the Tib, damn. My girl drives my 300 HP F-150 and I'm dying to get her to run me at the strip, lol.
The new 4cyls are too heavy for that motor... the old ones can be fast though. My family is into the tibs and my bro-in-law has a 2001 turbo. We bought the Alpine turbo kit for it and installed it ourselves. Wasn't to complicated just had to do some modding to make it fit properly. But that thing hauls some major booty on 8psi. The motor has been tested to handle 15psi but we haven't the time to take it somewhere to get retuned running that much boost. We might up it to 10 to see what she'll do. If you do look into the GTV6's only go with the 6speed manual. My wifes is a beast off the line. We took it to the trak after we installed an Ingen CAI and with her 10 subs in the rear I was still able to make her pull a 15.2 on my second pass... with a 60ft of 2.4. Now that we have the exhaust done and if I can clean up my take off there's no doubt she'll run in the 14's. Still makes me upset she has the faster car though.[mad]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts