Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I wonder if it was diesel (Power Stroke), or a gas burner?
I watched a new Chevy DuraMax Diesel 4x4 run, even talked to the guy he was running a Propaine Set-up. (Hope I spelled that right), something about it is like NOS but for a Diesel Motor. All I know was that he was FAST, not to mention that they are heavy and hell. My Father has a 98 F350 Diesel, My Mother has a 03 F250 Crew Cab Diesel, heavy, heavy, heavy, but between the two they will tow and pull the hell out of just about anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diesel. Look how much smoke was coming from it!!
He could tow a mustang to the track and still beat the camaros on the way there. hehe.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
It was a Powerstroke. You could hear the turbo spooling up. That's one badass Powerstroke.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Dude, I think it has that BullyDog system in it. Upgraded stuff to include a nitrous ans propane injection system. On that trucks show, that redneck added the above stuff and dyno tuned it and bumped up the HP by like 250-300HP. That motor could pull the foundation out from under a house.

By the way, I'd hate to be the kid in the RX-7 going back to that track. Can you imagine the teasing.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have a couple friends with diesal fords, one even has all the Banks stuff on his truck, but nothing like that, that is crazy fast, especially lifted with those big tires..awesome!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That was freakin...AWESOME!
I want one of those.

·
Registered
348 Posts
its amazing and funny at the same time imagine a 8 foot something truck pulling up next to you and rippen you a new one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I ran some numbers through a couple of online calculators. This thing is approaching 1000hp.
This thing probably weighs around 7500lbs w/driver, mine did anyway.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
watch the christmas tree. When the light turned green, he sat there another second or two!! If he got a good reaction time and didn't sit there, I bet he would have been in the 10's!

·
Registered
321 Posts
If it was a bracket race, he was running his handicap. But, maybe not. I've seen this truck in a couple of mags. Nice to finally see some video.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Depending on whether or not he tripped the timer, he wouldnt have necesarily got a better 1/4 mile time. If he tripped the timer and then sat there, yeah. But if he just sat there after the light turned green without tripping the timer, then no. He would however have beaten the RX7 by a greater margin had he reacted faster.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Oh.. My.. Gawd.. That thing is wicked.. Ya i bet the kid in the rx-7 got teasted by alot of people, lol

-Shawn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.