Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 ZX3 DOHC

On the way home from the city one day i had alot (i mean a ton) of vibration from the front end. and my shifter looked like a jackhammer on steroids in fourth gear. So i took it to the shop. Told them to look at the Tranny and the motor mounts. Also that the Timing belt needed to be changed. (i have 120,000m) So they replaced the clutch and the belt and i did the mounts my self. Replaced all 3.But i still get this vibration out of it. It only happens when on the gas and when i let it roll (in gear) about 40 mph, but as soon as i depress the clutch it goes away.

Any thought?

Slighty pissed at the Automotive tech cause he is now saying that the problem is now my axles. Is this true? And if so why is it not doing it when i depress clutch.

I spent 2100 after everything. Makes ya just wanna [mecry] [:(!] [mecry]

Any info will help.

Thank you

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I vote to check your suspension and steering linkages.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
suspension is basically brand new. its lowered about 1.75 al the way around. why would the vibration go away when i depress clutch tho?

·
Registered
199 Posts
suspension is basically brand new. its lowered about 1.75 al the way around. why would the vibration go away when i depress clutch tho?
Might just go away at the shifter with the clutch. The clutch is kinda what connects the wheels to the motor. (ok so maybe I'm oversimplifying how the transmission works).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts