Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my engine mounts to try and fix the problem I was having with vibration at idle. After having the shop replace the mounts the vibration is almost gone when the engine is warm but when the engine is cold (or very cold, I'm in Wisconsin) the car will vibrate bad until it warms up. The whole dash shakes and the rear view looks like I have really good subs... Lol. Once the car warms up it gradually goes away. Any ideas on possible solutions to this issue?

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Don't use an aftermarket passenger side motor mount. What they do often. Try keeping the other two, that pass side is super b-tchy about wanting to be a Ford only part.

The aftermarket has done a literally very poor job of making those mounts with any consistency at all, some few will report them as fine but often, as you now know, you get bit. They often break pretty quick too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I mean once the car warms up its fine but it's these lovely Wisconsin mornings that kinda suck right now. I'll look into getting the Ford part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts