Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes focus starts vibrating and shaking above 55 mph.

It is a 2005 with 15700 miles on it.

It has gotten progressively worse over the last week.

I plugged the back tire today but that should have no effect.

The tach stays steady and it seems the engine is running smooth,
any ideas what this might be??

We are going to try to get it to the dealer tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this problem??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We did run over a piece of semi tire on our trip to Ohio, but that has been almost a
month ago, I hate when they blow tires and leave their trash in the road.

Think this might have done something???

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
my steering wheel vibrates a little bit above 55mph and i check my tire pressure regularly so it might need a front end alignment. check your tire pressure first. i've hit many of the famous ohio potholes(craters) in the last 2 years so i'm sure that's it. it goes away when i get my car up closer and past the 3 digit mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it seem to jump left and jump right like it was being pushed on the front end? Or does it just vibrate and shake?

My 2004 ZX3 is starting to feel like its being pushed left and right while driving above 55.. new tires too :( Maybe bad rotors or something. Im not sure.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
my car does it at 70+ mph i had a flat near flat tire one day and drove on it without knowing and i think i need a balance now. it drives perfect under that it just vibrates the steering wheel ever half sec

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yes i had the same problems, turns out two of my wheels have a slight bend to them. Its either the wheel is bent, you need an aliment or the tires need balancing, get the tires balanced first though, b/c thats most likly the problem...high speed balancing that is, and when you get that done the guys there will be able to tell you if your wheel is bent.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wetpaint said:
Does it seem to jump left and jump right like it was being pushed on the front end? Or does it just vibrate and shake?

My 2004 ZX3 is starting to feel like its being pushed left and right while driving above 55.. new tires too :( Maybe bad rotors or something. Im not sure.
No just vibrates the whole car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts