Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Ford focus SE and was wondering if anyone has ever taken theirs in to get the motor mounts replaced so i'm wondering how much it costs labor and parts thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I do not know the exact amount, but I know typically th shop labor hour is about 70 and hour. So do the math you have 3 motor mounts and let say each is about 1 hour that is $210 just on labor plus your parts. Each mount I think is not less that $40.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just took my 01' focus in and they wanted 610.00,to change the motor mounts.well i bought them my self and only spent 145.00,my son and nephew changed them out for me...do them yourself,much cheeper.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you really can't do them yourself, you can call most shops, and they will tell you what the "list" time is to do that job, and quote you a price for it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i just took my 01' focus in and they wanted 610.00,to change the motor mounts.well i bought them my self and only spent 145.00,my son and nephew changed them out for me...do them yourself,much cheeper.
Do it yourself says the man using child labor, LOL.[joke]

$70 an hour for shop labor, that's friggin cheap. I'm looking at $100 + for an hour of shop labor.

Now to the OP, I haven't done mine, but I'm sure I will need to soon (knock on wood a valve seat doesn't drop tomorrow), I have read some of the instructions on how to do them, and it seems to me the toughest part is loosening the bolts to remove the old ones. As long as you have a place to work, a good way to support the car and some tools, you should be fine. You could look for help in your local area. But the location CA is too vague for anyone to offer to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
piece of cake.. if you can install a CAI and change a tire.. you can do it..I just did the engine and trans with Ford parts.. the trans one is literally 5 mins...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts