Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oK So Im driving to work today after aa snow storm last night. And When I get on the highway, and get about 50-55 mph my car starts to shake/vibrate till bout 75 than between 75-80 mph it doesnt as much. It is not there/unnoticable on backroads going like 35-45 mph.
There was nothing that stands out in my mind that could have cuse it. No large pot hole, I didnt hit any thing. Im not sure Im at a loss. Anyone with ideas what it could be? If it doesnt go away tomorrow morning Ill take it to ford.
O its a 2008 Focus S btw

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had the same problem on my '03 SVT. First I would check to make sure there is no snow packed in the wheels. Then does your wheels have stick-on weights? I've had to have my wheels rebalanced due to the stick-ons not always staying in place. I would start there. Let me know if it gets worse or better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the same problem on my '03 SVT. First I would check to make sure there is no snow packed in the wheels. Then does your wheels have stick-on weights? I've had to have my wheels rebalanced due to the stick-ons not always staying in place. I would start there. Let me know if it gets worse or better.
Exactly what I was going to type.[^]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ya go get a good hot car wash. Get that snow out of inside of the wheels and what not.
Mine was really bad after the snow storm by me also.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
I know when I had my tires packed with snow I couldn't go above 40mph due to the in balance caused by the snow. Once it was all gone I was good to go. I hope that helps. You can always take the car and have tires rebalanced if it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot to all of you. REP added to you all. Im gonna take it to get a nice hot bath tomorrow before class. If it doesnt help, Ill let you all know. Thanks again.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
You beat me all too it, first thing i though was SNOW/ICE lol. Thats probably it, or your tires arent balanced like the others said. But if theres more snow coming, idk if its worth getting a wash lol....I've been putting off cleaning mine for weeks cause snow/wintery mixes just keep coming. And when they come so do the trucks with salt and sand...terrible for cars. (Another reason why I wanna move someplace where the sun is always shinning lol)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, weather is pretty much clear the rest of the week. Plus its only $2 to go to the local car wash and use thier hot water pressure washer. So I mind as well do it to clean out the wheels. Because if its that than Ill know and be happy that its not anything else. But thank you.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well all fixed. It was snow. Went to the car wash sprayed it with hot water for like 5-10min and boom no more vib. Thanks for help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts