Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have seen several threads on foci having an issue w/ bad shaking/vibrating while in idle or in reverse (don't waste your money on replacing the motor mounts yet!) there is a TSB out on this 04-24-10 its about stones, debris, snow or ice lodging in the rear engine roll restrictor. it only needs to be cleaned out soo if you recall running over a dirt mound or down a dirt road or an a snow bank and then it suddenly started this may be your fix... head down to the quartercar wash and take the pressure washer to the part. OR if you are under warranty take it to the dealer and have them install a sheild. It's alot cheaper than spending 200$ on a motor mount that really doesnt need to be replaced =D hope this helps everyone

~ReW~
If you see me...don't blink...kuz i'll be gone!

·
Registered
569 Posts
well now I find a thread >.>

Any idea where this part is? I took it to the car was but i couldnt find the place to spray, I have a massive shake after going through some deep snow last night, so I've been trying to find this part to wash the crap out, i already have it scheduled for a fix (warranty fix, prolly the mentioned shield

·
Registered
639 Posts
could also be low on tranny fluid. last winter i got stuck in the snow for a few minutes, and had to spin the tires in forward and reverse to get out. the next day i had a wicked vibration at idle, reverse, and first gear. turned out to be just low on tranny fluid; the tires spinning must have burned up some fluid.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have a crazy vibration in reverse only..not sure if its my loose intake or what is being talked about here....where exactly do you spray at the car wash?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Glad I found this page! Mine started vibrating in reverse and idle, and I now recall that I went down a gravel road and ran through a really thick spot, and heard a rattling sound. I'll look into cleaning that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pulled the car up on ramps today, and sure enough there was gravel in the dogbone mount, and the a-frame bushings. Cleaned it out, and it's fine now. Thanks! I thought I was going to need motor mounts.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How can i do this at the car wash without ramps? I tried and could not get to it. Should i just have the dealer spray it for me after an oil change or something?

·
Registered
471 Posts
That link on the first page does not work. I am also curious about the location of the engine roll restrictor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts