Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02 ZX3
71,000 miles

I have begun feeling a vibration much like an unbalanced tire but I noticed that the vibration increases greatly when I am accelerating. It doesn't do it in first or second but when I get to about 55mph it starts. I've tried testing 3rd 4th and 5th and in all gears it does it. I've gone all the way up to about 80 and it's still there but doesn't get worse with the speed. Any ideas? A guy at work said possibly a motor mount but I would think if that was the problem it would happen at any speed in any gear.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do you feel the vibration in your hands or your butt?

If you feel it in your hands (through the steering wheel) then it is in the front. If you feel the vibration in the seat of your pants then it is most likely coming from the rear.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
u need ur wheels balanced. pretty cheap fix.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
make sure your the insides of the wheels aren't packed with snow either. Probably just a balance issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
no, no , no..............what I understand is not a vibration, it is like a Hesitation..........that's the same problem what I having in a 01 Focus SW. About 40-50mph start a hesitation.....I don;t know how to say........but it feels like If I accelerate and desacelerate.......

BTW, I have the Check ligth ON since some weeks ago,,,,,,,,but someone here is a sensor called......DSPE or something like that !!

ANYONE CAN HELP ??

·
Registered
153 Posts
02 ZX3
71,000 miles

I have begun feeling a vibration much like an unbalanced tire but I that the vibration increases greatly when I am accelerating. It doesn't do it in first or second but when I get to about 55mph it starts. I've tried testing 3rd 4th and 5th and in all gears it does it. I've gone all the way up to about 80 and it's still there but doesn't get worse with the speed. Any ideas? A guy at work said possibly a motor mount but I would think if that was the problem it would happen at any speed in any gear.
This is a dumb-dumb question, but did you just get alot of snow?? If you live anywhere in the central or Eastern US, you probably did.

I recently had mine fixed from a collision but had to drive to work in the blizzard yesterday and I live in NJ. Sure enough, today I got on the highway and mine shudders above 50 mph or so too. I figured it was just snow packed inside the wheels or wheel wells causing it.

If its the snow, just wait til it melts off or go out with a scraper or something and dig it all out. That slushy crap is the worst to drive in, because it will get kicked up inside your wheels and wheel well, then FREEZE overnight. As long as the temp stays below freezing you'll have the problem unless you manually get that crap out.

good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I live in on the coast in South Carolina so it's not a snow probably, lol. It doesn't really feel like a tire. I know that one of my tires is a bit unbalance because cruising at about 80 I can feel it. As soon as I start to accelerate it becomes worse. Which tire is a focus more dominate when it's putting the power down? Maybe it's that tire and when I accelerate it just makes it worse. Well I'm getting the tires balanced today so we'll see.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
no, no , no..............what I understand is not a vibration, it is like a Hesitation..........that's the same problem what I having in a 01 Focus SW. About 40-50mph start a hesitation.....I don;t know how to say........but it feels like If I accelerate and desacelerate.......

BTW, I have the Check ligth ON since some weeks ago,,,,,,,,but someone here is a sensor called......DSPE or something like that !!

ANYONE CAN HELP ??
Did you read the code yet?

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
now, once the tires are balanced let me know if it still vibrates. helped fix this problem a few times...lol
most likely the hanger bearing on the intermediat passenger side drive axle...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
It almost sounds like he might have a broken belt inside the tire. you don't get the vibration until you get up in speed.

·
Registered
35 Posts

ANYONE CAN HELP ??
disable the EGR

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Insufficient flow?? I wonder if it meant the fuel system? Or in the exhaust?? hmmmmm. . . . . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts