Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at add-on today, talking with one of their guys there. He was telling me a friend of his had a ZX3, and he has a vibrant exhaust from the cat. con. back. I forgot to ask him the details, like if it is steel or not, but does anyone know anything about this exhaust, if it is any good?

They said I could get it for $400, and they would take 10% off since they would have to order it (since they don't keep it in stock). Is there anyone who thinks this is not a good deal?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I put one on an eclipse...wasn't too impressed. Sounded OK, but kinda ricey IMO. The construction looked decent, but the kid took it off less than a year later, so I can't comment on how it lasted.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the choice favorites of most focus websites are the magnaflow (cheap, quality, good sound) and trubendz with the borla xs pro muffler. The hks is nice, but it's expensive as all hell and goes underneight the rear suspension which makes dropping your car and bumps one hell of an issue. I got my borla trubendz shipped to my house for 320. Sounds awesome, stainless steel, great quality and constrution. I get compliments about it all the time.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yup cant go worng w/ Borla, though i have real, all Borla, so i cant comment on the Trubendz

·
Registered
281 Posts
To answer your question I think the Vibrant exhaust for $400 is pricey. For that price I'd rather get something else.....not saying that the exhaust itself does not look quality....it does! BUT the flanges are rusting from the previous owner and I have a feeling that Vibrant cheaped out and made the flanges out of cheep steal and the rest of the system out of T-304. Bad freakin decision and the fact that everyone says that exhaust itself is LOUD. Even Vibrant says it so I am waiting for them to make their new B-Quiet resonator which is like a mini muffler to add on to my system. The guy who owned the exhaust before told me he had someone ask him if he had a V8 in the hood. And the link that I gave you up top is probably the meanest Focus I've heard to date. For $400 I'd defintiely get HKS something similar. Catbacks like the Bosal or HKS should be quieter than the rest because of the muffler being at the very end of the exhaust rather than in the middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts