Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I feel that the dogbone inserts just arent cutting it anymore.

Who has the Steeda drivers side mount? Who has the VF Engineering one?

Is one better than the other? Steeda is $15 more on CFM, is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
972 Posts
personally i'd just save some money and go c-f-m it's the exact same quality, I mean a poly insert is a poly insert it is really up to your ego, like whether or not you want to say you have Steeda parts

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Steeda drivers side mount is a much better mount than the VF drivers side mount for one solid reason: The steeda uses an beefy steel female bolt to attach to the transmission stud while the VF used its aluminum top half as the female bolt. While the aluminum threads can handle it, the hex they machined on top is too shallow and tends to strip if you take it on and off one too many times.

We have the VF on the 2002 SVT and the Steeda on the 2006 D20. The steeda is hands down better just because of that one detail. The rest of the mount is basically identical. We have both the steeda and VF instock.

Check the link below to view the Steeda on the '06 D20. It will be towards the bottom.

HTPerformance

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah thanks! just what i was looking for

The Steeda drivers side mount is a much better mount than the VF drivers side mount for one solid reason: The steeda uses an beefy steel female bolt to attach to the transmission stud while the VF used its aluminum top half as the female bolt. While the aluminum threads can handle it, the hex they machined on top is too shallow and tends to strip if you take it on and off one too many times.

We have the VF on the 2002 SVT and the Steeda on the 2006 D20. The steeda is hands down better just because of that one detail. The rest of the mount is basically identical. We have both the steeda and VF instock.

Check the link below to view the Steeda on the '06 D20. It will be towards the bottom.

HTPerformance

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya, although aluminium is great and some what strong, is is very pliable and seems to strip easier than normal steel. Not only in the head of the bolt but also in the threds for the screw and if the bolts aluminium than the hole it goes to is the same and you have a chance of striping those threds out also...Steel hands down better when you scrtew

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I can attest to this. I will probably be replacing my VF drivers mount with a Steeda soon for this very reason. I have taken it off around twice now and the threads are just getting effed up. Whoever thought of making a mount top half aluminum is just dumb. And my fault for buying it I guess.

Other than that the drivers mount has been great.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to love to strip... threads lol

Have quite a history and love my tap and die set by now. Im gonna go with the steeda [thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts