Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI/ might want to check yours sorta deal....my VF mount, the bushing on one side is sliding out. Its the smaller side and its the bushing on the drivers side. Its actually half way out of the mount itself. I'll post a picture tommorow. Check your. Im going to call CFM and see whats up....at least, that who I think I got it from...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Bummer.
Amazing that would work it's way loose.
It's awfully tight in there (between the outer bracket and the transmission) to begin with.

Yes, a picture would be nice.[;)]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
After my first VF failed, I took some extra insurance against failing again... see the following.

^^ I installed 3 washers behind the gold colored trans bracket, where the bolts go thru^^

This brought the bracket out just enough to install the large washer you see on the side of the mount bushing that was previously exposed.

^ You can see the end result here.. every thing lines up perfectly, and the bushing is nice and tight, and trapped from being able to shoot out the side. (this trick would probably help those guys with the 2 piece bushing kits also)

I've had this 'mod to a mod' in my car for about 20,000 miles now, and it has had NO problems at all.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...mines' gone too...,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts