Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my sig says I have the driver mount but thats because I have it and just have to install it. But I thought I would post up that I got my rear mount installed today and am SOOOOO happy with it.

First, there are no vibrations whatsoever except for a very faint few at idle and that you can barely feel. But OMG it was actually one of the best 100.00 bucks I have spent on a mod so far... the shifts are much more firm I guess you could say. Also install wasn't too hard but required alittle movement of the motor... not hard...LOL But I am just so pleased with the difference this one little mount gave me... you have to install it to understand just how big of a difference this mods makes from the stock one.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My poly mount (stock dogbone with ES inserts) shook my car to death. It was worse with the AC on stopped at a light. That's okay though, the xcal2 took that away. :)

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you didn't do the whole mount you just did t he inserts? I know mine does not shake at all... well a very very very little at idle but it is so not noticable it's not even funny.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If we are talking poly tranny mount...I have the inserts....first I have to say that I had to cut the stupid brass fitting that the bolt goes through...because it was a mm too long...didn't fit in the tranny....might just be a defect I got, but I cut it and It's ok ;)

Aside from that, slight vibration at idle, when the fan is turned on (cabin air) the engine drops a tit bit in RPM but comes back up...a lil more vibration with this on.

Shifting greatly improved! I have the Steeda Short Throw and the tranny mount was my next logical step for a cheap tranny mod...to make shifting better without building up a tranny, etc...

I dont think I want the engine mounts because vibration will probably jump up too much to my liking...and this is my daily driver.

Oh yeah, I have a 2005 ZX3 2.0 Dura.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Im glad you like the new mount! You'll feel alot more of the vibrations once you put the Drivers side mount in. But the vibrations im sure are a bit different between the 2.0 and the 2.3.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I have heard numerous times that the 2.0 duratec not have the balance shaft delete like the 2.3 duratec has so there are slight more vibration stock with the 2.0 duratec. I was going to put the other mount in but I couldn't find it... and didn't feel like searching for it after I was done... if you don't mine me asking... is it under the battery?

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
the SVT and 2.0 Zetecs are under the intake box....pull it out, and look under where the box "tray" is...you'll see it......[thumb] kind of a bitch to get to.....but it's there....

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks I think I will get it on this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think I need to get me some of those

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
does make make the drivers side mount or only VF man i dont see why the mounts cost so damn much i just helpd a friend change out his on an altima and for all new mount was only 60 bucks and one for the foci is 100

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is quite a bit more expensive... I have it and don't know why I haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey WickedlyfastST, did you get the driver side engine mount installed yet?? I'm just curious as to if you noticed and improvements, etc...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the driver mount but I haven't installed it... duh!!! I will have it installed this weekend though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
did you install the rear mount yourself?? how easy, or hard, was it to install??

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes I installed it my self and on a scale from 1-10 I would say about a 2-3... the only hard part was prying the engine forward to get the old one out and prying it forward again to get the new one in after that just have to align the holes right and boom your done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts