Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i but it on last nite and it was a PITA i mean gosh. i could not get the back end to fit in i was pushing the engine but i could get it to fit so i ened up gettting a jack and jacking the engine up to get the bolt through. but then when i took it for a test drive the shifts are so much more smoother, and i thought the caar was gonna die on me but it was just the engines new idle everythign does shake like the car is dying. so overall im very happy with this mount and im glad i got it makes the car fel more tight and put together. not sure what my next mod wil be or when im gonna get my next mod. so i recommend this to anyone that has be thinking of gettign it it is well worth the 3 bucks i paid for the mount

·
Registered
124 Posts
You probably already noticed, the vibration gets even worse with the a/c on. Just another reason to get the SCT tuner and raise the idle a bit.
If you haven't already done it, you can disable the automatic A/C when in defroster mode (the light doesn't come on, but the a/c does). Just pry off the climate control panel and disconnnect the electrical connectoin on the back of the switch, right behind where points to the defroster, it's that easy.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mine was a little hard to get in but it helped I had a friend jacking and moving the engine while I lined it up. Hardest part for me was the engine was so hot I was roasting under my car case it was 90* outside already plus the heat from the car.

I dont mind the vibrations that much although I never used my ac to really begin with so I nevre use it now but when I do occasionaly it does shake hard. How did you manage paying only $3 for the mount?

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
It was tough to get the fatter part of the bone in but..it always is ;) GIGGITY GIGGITY GOOOOOOOO

I got a rubber mallot and just hammered the shit ouf of it til it finally lined up..it took longer than I thought it would though. Probably a total of about 45 minutes to line the holes up properly.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I am loving it!!! w00t... now only if they were avail for all the sides...

·
Random Guy #31
1,861 Posts
no they dont have the passenger side mount yet.... i just had to replace my passenger side mount... broke it at the track....

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Seems to me like we got some hardcore focus racers on here! i got the rear motor mount and I cant imagine spending more money on more mounts......

·
Registered
325 Posts
05zx3slowcus said:
You probably already noticed, the vibration gets even worse with the a/c on. Just another reason to get the SCT tuner and raise the idle a bit.
If you haven't already done it, you can disable the automatic A/C when in defroster mode (the light doesn't come on, but the a/c does). Just pry off the climate control panel and disconnnect the electrical connectoin on the back of the switch, right behind where points to the defroster, it's that easy.
and the whole time I always just unplugged the compressor switch in the winter. Thanks

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
but the a/c helps get the moisture out of the air, and makes fog on the inside of the windows disapear quicker

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
both mounts on a 2.3 isn't bad at all because it has the balance shaft, once you delete that OMG.... WAY TOO much vibration... lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
but the a/c helps get the moisture out of the air, and makes fog on the inside of the windows disapear quicker
I just crank up the heat and crack a window. that way it all gets out. But you are right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts