Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
What I thought was clicking from the CV axles has turned out to be a busted drivers side motor mount.
I all ready have the VF Engineering dog bone mount and have some mild vibration at idle,will replacing the drivers side transmission mount make more vibration or is the vibration being caused by the broken mount?
Let Me know:
Stock or Aftermarket mount.
Thanks-DC

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the vibration is caused by the broken mount if you replace it , it will almost completely go away
So you think the vibration the VF engineering mount will have will be more subtle than the vibration caused by the broken mount?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I have a All 3 vf's . I removed the passenger side , it vibrated so bad I couldn't see out there view mirror. So I installed a new stock mount and an Ingalls stiffy. It is a shock absorber for the engine. So far it works great.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
If you are replacing a top mount with a polyurethane vf mount you need to do both sides. One stiff and one solid will put stress on the stiff one and may break it. The car will vibrate more with all 3 vf mounts but it is only at idle or under like 1300rpms. Otherwise it isnt even notiveable.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Even on the stock motor and the new built motor. It was annoying As Hell even cruising on the freeway. So that's why i have the 2 vf's (driver and d bone ) with the ingals and the stock mount on the pass side it is much better. So far its been on there for 3or 4 months. And heavily abused. We shall see how long It lasts.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Ah the stiffy is enough then. That should reinforce the pass side enough to not need poly over there

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Wait iroc crap. I thought you were deuce. Duece will need SOMETHING on the passenger side to stiffen up that mount if he doesnt want to risk breaking something.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Wait iroc crap. I thought you were deuce. Duece will need SOMETHING on the passenger side to stiffen up that mount if he doesnt want to risk breaking something.
I have done that a few times LOL. Lots of editing. Yeah, so far with the Ingalls it seems to be able to hold up to the abuse. I was hesitant to do it. But you never know for sure , until you try it. There is very little vibration at all , even at idle. But If I was to head out to the track, I would install the other VF mount.
I just do a lot of freeway driving. Almost an hr each way to work. The droning gets to you after awhile. Man I wish I was 16 or 17 again. Sucks gettin old !
I would of given me crap , If I was that age again. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts