Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth getting this part or should i go oem? The part is worn and bushings are shot so i do need a new one. Was wondering what you guys think about this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it worth getting this part or should i go oem? The part is worn and bushings are shot so i do need a new one. Was wondering what you guys think about this
i would go with the lower from massive I just bought that one about to put it on when I get free time I have heard nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go with an aftermarket, if you aren't racing or anything then I would just buy Energy Suspension poly bushings for your current mount and change the bushings. Its the cheapest route and is much better then stock.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd use massive or something with poly bushings. I replaced the lower on my 08' with a Ford oem mount 2 yrs ago and the smaller end bushing already has a tear on one side of it already.

I'm either going to just buy the massive mount or get their bushings and put those in my current mount. This is my wifes car currently so it's not like the replacement oem mount was abused or anything.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay. im going to be buying the massive EZ-Mount. for 70 i cannot beat that price. and ive heard great things. ill check in in a week or two to let you know how my experience was.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the Race durometer Massive and it felt great, then I added one of Sutyak's solid passenger side mounts that I outfitted with poly bushings. Now I need to get my hands on the VF driver side. Enjoy, the car will feel great.

·
So mote be it
8,802 Posts
yeah polly dog bone is one i suggest over oem. Shouldnt really increase vibrations or anything negative. Really helped with the engine rocking back and forth under load, makes shifting feel more tight because of it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,317 Posts
I've had my vf engineering dogbone for yrs w/ no issues. Like Stephen mentioned it'll keep the motor from rocking & make shifting smoother, that you'll want to add a Steeda sts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
you can contact Gun_Runner and get some solid shifter bushings, thats a great combo with the short shifter. And they arent pricey either, think 20$$

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the input. im on a budget, and i think the massive mount shall do. I have been considering a STS for some time. and will probably be something i can do cuz its a mod ill see and feel every day

·
w/ my magic bag
29,317 Posts
I appreciate the input. im on a budget, and i think the massive mount shall do. I have been considering a STS for some time. and will probably be something i can do cuz its a mod ill see and feel every day
Steeda's sts is the best.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I pulled the trigger on the Massive EZ-Mount with the 76A Bushing(red) the race bushing was black. (90) did i get the right one?

EDIT: Damnit i pulled the trigger on the Steeda STS.. felix you sold me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts