Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i changed out my altenator today, and wow. This is a crappy thing to change out with the pw in the way. lol, i had to move the intercooler reservior the coolant reservior, the ps fluid thing i believe, then i had to pull the motor forward, detach the fuel rail, then try and wiggle it out around the pw manifold. It was easier getting it out i think than it was to put the new one back in. I had to shave down some of the altenator just to get it in right, because of the angle you have to work it in around the power manifold. Is it just me or is this a time consuming thing to change on this car?[confused]

Actually while im on this subject with working on the car with the PW setup. Dont tell me that you have to remove the PW SC to get to the starter? I cant see a way of getting that thing out when need be without doing so? That is going to be a project to do with a case of beer on a day off i guess. damn.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I'm sure it is, adding anything that big and complicated always makes a car hard to work on. The price of speed my friend... You will forget all about it the next time you are boosting up a freeway ramp!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, you can't get the starter out with the blower on it from what I've been told. That's why the recommend you replace the starter before you do the SC install.
I've read doing a clutch replacement is a pain also. People say you can get the tranny out but its a PIA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts