Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just going to vent a little because I'm very disgusted with Ford. I currently have a 2012 tuxedo black Focus hatchback. I bought the car brand new in June of 2012. Everything was fine until February 2014 when the clutches in my transmission went bad for the 1st time. I have to say that the 1st time was a very quick response. They fixed it and it drove good. Anyway fast forward to February 17th, 2015, I took it into my dealer because I was having the same issues with my transmission. Long and behold it was the clutches going bad again. They told me that you can drive the car because it's "safe" to drive and it will take 4 weeks for the parts to come in. Okay so 4 weeks go by and my "safe" car is getting worse, high rpms, hard acceleration, several almost stalls in traffic, hard shifts. Yes this is a very "safe" care. I call my dealer on March 17, 2015 to see what's up and about my car issues, I was told it's going to be an additional 4 weeks because Ford can't produce the parts fast enough. Come on Ford you can't produce the parts fast enough. You've had these issues for a long time. My dealer told me to call the next day to see if my person was there and to try to see about getting a rental. So I call today March 18, 2015 and talk to another person about what's going on and I was told by him to call Ford Corporate. Just what I wanted to hear so I called Ford. After talking to two different people I was given 2 case numbers telling me they will now forward this to the regional managers to see what they can do for me. I was told they will give me a call in the next day or so. I've completely lost all faith in Ford. I feel like I'm getting the run around just trying to get my car fixed which should have been fixed the 1st time that it went into the shop for transmission issues. I feel very unsafe driving my car in Florida traffic not knowing if it's going to break down or if I'm going to get into an accident in my "safe" car. Hopefully something will be done soon because I've had it with Ford. I used to love my car but I'm not loving it right now. Thanks for letting me rant because I'm beyond frustrated with dealing with this yet again.

Penny

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Seems people either have good luck or bad luck. I know one member has had their car clutch pack replaced 5+times already.

Good luck..

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII problems section where you can find much more information.

Sounds like you've got the process well in hand, but I'm sure Meagan the Ford rep. who helps out with issues here will notice & ask if she can assist.

Can't diagnose from a distance, they may find a contributing cause the second time around.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
What process? The entire string of corporate complaint procedure there is designed to wear down the car owner to weed out who is real and who is flaky. Or, you of thin skin need not apply. The first time OP got decent service and kudos to them, they often miserably fail the first time. Just wait till OP starts getting corporate and dealer pointing fingers at each other to no resolution, or the usual end result when both throw in the towel but refuse to eat the cost. Until then it's delay, delay, delay, the longer the better. Yet American business keeps crying about how they can't hold onto customers. Often the delay is to simply extend car life to where the warranty has expired and no free fix then, what they do best.

The technology was released unfinished and has stuck in Ford's throat like a bad meal. It may well be they have no parts to fix as thousands of the cars have the exact same problem. Delaying there allows them to spread the losses out more and some lowering of them as disgusted consumers fall away.

All while they tell you how sorry they feel that you are not happy with your Ford product. I always found that to be extremely condescending and it certainly does nothing to fix the car.

Sorry and one person's point of view only, however, I find that that view has saved me thousands as compared to others.

Luck to the OP...................clearly because he has had one free fix they are shuffling him further down the line to enable more first timers to get some of the free fix pie. They have to with the monumental problem they've created.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...I currently have a 2012 tuxedo black Focus hatchback...Anyway fast forward to February 17th, 2015, I took it into my dealer because I was having the same issues with my transmission. Long and behold it was the clutches going bad again. They told me that you can drive the car because it's "safe" to drive and it will take 4 weeks for the parts to come in. Okay so 4 weeks go by and my "safe" car is getting worse, high rpms, hard acceleration, several almost stalls in traffic, hard shifts. Yes this is a very "safe" care. I call my dealer on March 17, 2015 to see what's up and about my car issues, I was told it's going to be an additional 4 weeks because Ford can't produce the parts fast enough...So I call today March 18, 2015 and talk to another person about what's going on and I was told by him to call Ford Corporate. Just what I wanted to hear so I called Ford. After talking to two different people I was given 2 case numbers telling me they will now forward this to the regional managers to see what they can do for me...

Penny
Hi Penny,

I can look into your cases if you send me a PM with your case numbers. :)

...Sounds like you've got the process well in hand, but I'm sure Meagan the Ford rep. who helps out with issues here will notice & ask if she can assist.

Can't diagnose from a distance, they may find a contributing cause the second time around.
Thanks!

Meagan

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've only had one fix and it was done this month. I was having to wait too. I think someone who ordered parts got rid of theirs. I recorded them and the software update instead and it's a whole new car! Your car could be "safer" , but I just became more cautious with my driving as what it did was somewhat predictable. Post fix, no worries. I'm sure it was why the 2015 models were delayed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Seems people either have good luck or bad luck. I know one member has had their car clutch pack replaced 5+times already.

Good luck..
Im on my 4th and this has been the best by far. Just keep pushing and maybe go to different dealers and have them run tests until they get approval. Ive put alot of miles on this final clutch pack and it has been flawless.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Revision F is the real fix. All others were experiments until they got it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the words. It's just really frustrating. I took a friend to the airport this morning and even they could feel the hesitation and hard shifts. I'm hoping I get something done before I leave on my vacation in 4 weeks. Not really wanting to drive this car two hours to Orlando so I can get on a plane.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My friends were saying the same thing too me. I have a friend with an SEL sedan who had a couple fixes that didn't take. He told me that my car was doing the same thing after his got fixed before revision F. I didn't do anything about it until my problems became more apparent as the kast thing I wanted to do was bring it in and have them not find anything. Looks like perfect timing for mine done. I told him that my car drives completely different and had him test drive my car as well. He expressed that his car never drove as smoothly after his fixes and was jealous and a bit angry his time was wasted with the previous ones.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Hey, they have to have test guinea pigs eh?

Glad to see that at last they may be fixing things but ridiculous it took so long. That will shatter the faith for many Ford lovers out there. In today's world people don't have time to wait on endless promises to 'get things right' and well deserved damage to billion dollar corporations that forget that. They certainly took customers money fast enough when bragging how fancy yet dependable the cars were.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Im on my 4th and this has been the best by far. Just keep pushing and maybe go to different dealers and have them run tests until they get approval. Ive put alot of miles on this final clutch pack and it has been flawless.
CJ, you're right but it is beyond belief that someone buys a new car and then has to become a persistent multi-visit advocate in order to have a new car run like everyone else's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts