Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got my car back from the tuner shop, but there is a few problems and i was wondering if anyone can help. the internal wastegate is set to 7 psi, but right now its only pushing 2 psi. what should i check or does anyone KNOW what might be wrong or need changed. the tuner told me to take it home cause i had to have it that day, and to check out all my Vac. lines and recheck everything. i got a garret t25 internally wastegated, with a bosch bypass valve, 2001 mustang gt MAF and IAT, autometer boost gauge(must be hooked up right its reading 2 psi) well if anyone can help give me a shout.

·
FF Affiliate
30,379 Posts
There is a hand pump tool you can buy (not real costly) a lot of shops have them where you can pump Psi in the Vac line going to the wastegate and look to see how much it took to move the arm

Tom

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tom i got a ? for ya. i the has SCT xcalibrator 2 do you have the equipment to do a tune with this for my car it has already been tuned but like i said its only putting out 2lbs of boost, but now theres a problem with when i am coming to a stop it sputters and sometimes stalls, maybe you can help me out. i still have to check out why theres only 2lbs but after that if this keeps up how much would you charge to send me a live link to to my xcalibrator 2 unit? oh yea when i put the hammer down it kinda jerks back and forth like its missing maybe or like the fuel is messed up. need help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh , i thought if i datalogged while i drove it then sent you that datalog, then you tweek my current program.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thats understandable, but i have located the problem i believe, my ignition coil is right underneath my intake tube that goes to turbo, and one of the plug wires is arcing onto the intake tube. i tried slipping a piece of rubber around tube but still arcs, need suggestions, or a known easy fix, its causing a misfire, and thats why it wont idel well, or at higher rpms it kinda jerks. i checked out my connections for tubing and vac. lines and the wastegate doesnt seem to be stuck open, it moves pretty easily by hand and im still only hitting two pounds of boost, im gonna check my boost gauge and the vac. line for that again to make sure but if this is not the problem what could it be?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
crashmech13 said:
one of the plug wires is arcing onto the intake tube.
[confused] this just doesnt sound right to me.... is there something wrong with one of your plug wires...or your coil? if so i would fix that with a quickness

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok thanks for the inof guys, the wires and coil are pretty much brand new. msd ignition coil, 10.2 mm blue silicon plug wires. i will see what i can do and post if it works just in case anyone reading has one of the same problems.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
problem solved, a piece of black pvc cut to fit around intake tube and presto no more arc. but im still only getting 2lbs of boost, this other guy told me to check and make sure i removed thin black vac line that hooked to the egr sensor and to maybe hook boost gauge inline with wastegate line and see what boost thats getting i currently have it inline with Bypass valve.EGR is blocked off. should i hook boost gauge in the thin black like that hes telling me to take out? need help thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok hooked boost gauge into thin black vac. line coming from back of manifold. and i tried hooking boost gauge into wastegate line to see what boost it was seeing and its till only two lbs. what could be the problem, if the nut on wastegate arm got turned one way or the other during installation would that make boost less or no if it would of which way do i screw it to make pressure back up. or would the turbo or wastegate just be no good? if none of these if i bought a manual boost controller and installed that would that be ok or not?

·
FF Affiliate
30,379 Posts
If the arm did get moved YES this could cause what you are talking about , You will just have to play with the arm adjustment to see what works best

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts