Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 LX AUTO

Just got this car. It had the engine tranny replaced. I noticed the gas pedal was really really high. It's almost higher than the brake pedal. It works but really anoying. Anyone know if there is some kind of adjustment? Anyone have a pics of there gas pedal. Maybe the guy who replaced the engine/trans got it from a different ford and used that pedal.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just started to drive the car for longer periods. Drove it for a couple hours today....the gas pedal is soo high it's giving my righ leg shin splints.....Really

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
was it like this when you bought the car, or only after the tranny was replaced?

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
i doubt having the trany done, has anything to do with it unless the shop accendtly cut the cable and just shortened it.

i have seen some people "raise" the pedal for heel-toe driving. idk if you aready have but look at the pedal and where the cable connects and try to see is someone shortned it by adding a zip-tie or something. if not you could goto a junk yard get a new cable and replace it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill look for any sign of shortening.....will post a pic tomorrow.... maybe someone would recognize if it came off another car. I looked at it......looks like a factory install but could be wrong.... if I had my wifes car.I could compare.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I'm thinking the cable was re-routed or pulled during the transmission change. You should inspect the routing of the cable and see if anything jumps out at you.

That much will be different between your car and the wife's since you have a Zetec and she has a Duratec. Everything on the inside should be the same though.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There is a mod to make your pedal higher than the brake. I tried it for about a week and it's very uncomfortable. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Pic #5 & 8 is the best view. I put a little piece of tubing behind the spring. It doesn't look like it was messed with at all. I'd say your cable is too short. Try to follow it to the throttle body and see if the end was cut or spliced. Mine was higher, but nothing like that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally fixed it..... guess if I got off my ass earlier and just pulled off the intake and looked at it, it would have been fixed a long time ago. The bracket that attaches to the Throttle body was bent and the cable was not seated correctly. Took about 5 minutes to fix.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
good thing you found and fixed the problem, i was just about to tell you that it was the bracket... i just fixed mine too... i put in a new Tb, and the old stock plate i had to cut and bent it and therfore making it ride as high as yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts