Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to make an very long story short i test drove a 2004 EVo RS and was so in love with it i had to have it. of course being only 18 my parents told me its too fast for me and that they wouldnt buy me anything that fast. I really dont care for my ST anymore its becoming a horrible money pit. Its not worth dropping all this money into a by no means performance car focus when you can go out and buy a really fast and better looking car for just a little more money. so all in all i want to leave the sports sedan world until i can afford to buy one of my own. I was thinking about buying a Truck anyone have any suggestions on what kind or any other car/truck/suv for that matter?

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
the same thing happened to me when i drove a sti..............sorry dude good luck to ya

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Im only 19 and I bought my car and pay for insurance. Start making payments and insurance and you can drive anything you want.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Buying an already fast car can be cheaper in the long run. I'd doubt you'd be happy with the EVO's insurance rates though. But I hear you.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
oh god i didnt even think about that how old are u 18?? Damn man you will be prolly paying as much on insurance as you do for your car note if not more

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
HotRodWagon said:
Buying an already fast car can be cheaper in the long run. I'd doubt you'd be happy with the EVO's insurance rates though. But I hear you.
Wurd. I was thinking the same thing as this. I would have liked to buy something like a STi but I couldn't afford to. The insurance rates would prolly rape you since you are so young.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
p0sitivevibez said:
Im only 19 and I bought my car and pay for insurance. Start making payments and insurance and you can drive anything you want.
Werd G. I am 16 and was gonna do that but kept the focus. I hear that the saturn VU6 (view or whatever) has really low insurance rate, I think most saturns do.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FocusZTS5spd said:
whats wrong with the ST ?? drop in a couple of bolt ons and ull be seening low 14. nothing wrong with that
yeah thats what i told myself before i drove the evo...idk just the turbo AWD kinda gets you hyped up. dont get me wrong the ST is a fun car just not as fun as that evo lol. Yeah they said double what im paying for insurance now :( it sucks being 18.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, it costs more to make a slow car fast, but if you're young, it'll be cheaper in the long run because of insurance.

My plans are to take the SVTF, slap on a super charger, maybe pullies or something, short throw shifter, engine mount, then get a custom tune and some sticky tires and have fun without paying a billion dollars a month for insurance. Might not be quite as fast as an Evo, but it'll be a whole lot of fun. [;)]

·
Registered
74 Posts
think of this if you buy a focus for well say $20,000 you have like $10,000 left. Dump that into performance and i'll bet you that any focus will whoop a evo or what ever you buy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's always something faster/more fun/better than yours.

Unless you drive a Ford GT. What are the monthly payments and insurance on a $150,000 car?

Just have to find that balance between what you want and what you can handle (payments, speeding tickets, etc..)

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
When you grow up a little bit, get a house, have a couple cars, and make a baby......things like making your car .5 seconds faster in the 1/4 seems really pointless. Just hook it up to where you like the way it looks, handles....and go buy some clothes, save for an apt, go on a vacation......enjoy life outside of your vehicle sometimes.

You seem all sad because there is a better car out there......thats kinda pathetic.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
1.8T GTIs can be exceptionally quick for little $$$, and have very low insurance.

But it's a constant truth that there will always be something faster out there, especially if you don't have to finance.

I don't get why you would want some sort of SUV, but if you're looking in the $20K range, a 2001 Land Rover Dicso II would be a nice buy, 2000 Acura MDX, and 2000 Escalades fall pretty easily into that range too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well i will say this, I enjoy working on my car.....even tho it stresses me out..... but this is all apart of the game. Not everyone can take there daily driven car and dump a bunch of money and time into it and do everything themselves and in the long run have fun doing it. As far as modding and upgrades and stuff i can respect someone more who takes a car that does not get any respect and builds it into their own creation thats faster than a lot of stuff on the road other than someone who just has the money and goes out and buys a car thats already tricked out and thinks that there the best thing on the road "we all know who were talking about here folks". Im not saying these cars are shit i love them, but for a majority of people like me i can not afford the insurence on any car that has a ss srt svt sti wrx you get what i mean. I can see where your parents are coming from but be just be glad you have them there to even think about buying your car. If i were you and wanted to have something really fast and cheap id go get a streetbike like a gsxr 1000 or a r1 and put the insurence under your dads name, then you have something with blazing speed and still be under 11,000 for the bike and about 1,500 for insurence. But good luck with whatever choice you make in the future.

thanks

Brandon.[thumb]

·
Registered
722 Posts
STSPEED said:
Well to make an very long story short i test drove a 2004 EVo RS and was so in love with it i had to have it. of course being only 18 my parents told me its too fast for me and that they wouldnt buy me anything that fast. I really dont care for my ST anymore its becoming a horrible money pit. Its not worth dropping all this money into a by no means performance car focus when you can go out and buy a really fast and better looking car for just a little more money. so all in all i want to leave the sports sedan world until i can afford to buy one of my own. I was thinking about buying a Truck anyone have any suggestions on what kind or any other car/truck/suv for that matter?
I just can't believe what I just read, makes me sick to my stomach. Your parents buy you a brand new '05 2.3 ST & your complaining!!! Most 18 year old kids I know would love to have that car given to them! I have two teenage children who both drive and both have jobs. Rule of thumb in our household is if you want a car, save your money & buy it. Driving is not a God given right, it is a luxury. I will help them out to some degree put will not go out & purchase them a car outright. Once you start paying for your own cars, you might see things a little differently. I think what you really need to do is, thank your parents for buying you a really nice car and stop moaning and complaining about what you don't have.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
penguin said:
Ditto on the Amen!

Originally posted by Trixwagen There's always something faster/more fun/better than yours.

Unless you drive a Ford GT. What are the monthly payments and insurance on a $150,000 car?

Just have to find that balance between what you want and what you can handle (payments, speeding tickets, etc..)
I feel pretty confident in saying that 99.999999% of people that buy a GT don't make monthly payments on it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
STSPEED said:
yeah thats what i told myself before i drove the evo...idk just the turbo AWD kinda gets you hyped up. dont get me wrong the ST is a fun car just not as fun as that evo lol. Yeah they said double what im paying for insurance now :( it sucks being 18.
Damn, I wish I was 18 again!!! That was almost 30 years ago! Damn, this make me feel old:(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts