Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you may know I posted a thread about the fact that I was getting a new tranny. I got my car back on friday, and it was amazing. I drove it about 30 miles over the course of the past few days. Well today on my way to class I shifted into 5th, and it went into third. I thought "oh, my bad" and put it back into 4th. But I realized afterwards that it just wasnt shifting right. I had someone else drive it to my work so they didn't think I was making it up or something. The verdict of my car : It only had 4 gears. Apparently the SVT now comes in a 4 speed transmission...[?|] They told me a cable broke and its back in the shop. I doubt I will see it any time before wednesday afternoon. Oh, and on top of that I can't get a rental since the car is under my name. I asked the used car manager if I could take a ZX3 off the lot and he said sure just let me double check. Well, he went to the one up and he just said no. Needless to say I was upset about the whole day. So now my mom is driving yet another rental (pretty nice escape actually) and I get the subaru again. Joy. Well at least now I feel a little better after venting.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Psssht, My shift cables (both) came apart on me when I was on a two lane road trning around because the road was blocked due to an accident. I was mid turn and everytime I went for R it would pop the cables again. The funnest part, I had to use my cell phone as my light, I was wearing m Michael Vick probowl jersey, and the 37 cops never offered me any help or a light. The only came by and said "Car trouble? You gonna get it out of the way soon??"

I was heated...

...so, I feel your pain...

Luckily, I can adjust my shift cables with my eyes closed now...

·
Registered
738 Posts
U have a SVT right?? Well Part of having a SVT is that u get a Free courtesy car for anything except for oil changes right. Someone with a SVT correct me if im wrong. So are u or ur mom paying for the rental car?? Are u at Least 20?? If u are paying for the rental car I would get the Regional Manager involved, becouse they are screwing u royaly and they know it. Also as long as u are 20 u can get a rental car. They will try and tell u know over end over again but its a lie. I talked with my local Entaprise rental people when my Insurance sent me to them and they told me that they say know becouse it cost them more money with their insurance company and they cant charge u even a dime more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its 21 here, and Im only 19. The rental is free except for some homeland security tax thats 2 dollars a day.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I would call SVT there is a free rental involved and it does not say that you are subject to the terms and agreements with the facility or state or whatever that you are dealing with.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
FocusedChick3187 said:
except for some homeland security tax thats 2 dollars a day.
^^^ [???:)]
What???
You've got to be kidding me? [rolleyes]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha...im being serious about that one. And my SVT warranty ran up....so no free covered rental for the fact that its an SVT...i just got the best used one that is available.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Fordson said:
No kidding. Most government bureacracies take decades to become bloated, grasping and inefficient, but DHS has managed it within a couple of years - record time. [xx(]
You mean like checking the inside of an old lady's suitcase at the airport (breaking the lock in the process) and then not having adequate controls when it comes to what baggage workers can smuggle on an airliner??????

What a joke.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.