Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to replace the vss... i know its on the tranny facing upward and all that jazz... however, does anyone have a diagram or a picture of exactly where its at? i looked for an hour last night with no luck... am i gonna have to remove anything to get to it?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Its more on the backside, passenger side of the transmission, next to the axle.

Thats of course assuming you are talking about a MTX-75.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Depends on the transmission you have fitted to your car, as to what type and where the VSS is positioned. What have you got?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no idea what tranny i have sorry... Egz any reference on what im looking for in ur pic? my appologies fwd trannys are new to me...

·
Registered
917 Posts
OK- get a torch and lift your bonnet (hood). Lean over the top of the engine and slightly to the right. Look down behind the engine and look for your right hand driveshaft. Just above it on the top of the transmission housing is a black plastic device with a two wire connector plugged into it, sticking vertically out of the housing. That's the VSS.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
no idea what tranny i have sorry... Egz any reference on what im looking for in ur pic? my appologies fwd trannys are new to me...
Its the connector about the small circle (where the passenger side axle goes) on the left hand side of the picture.

Do you have an auto or manual?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK- get a torch and lift your bonnet (hood). Lean over the top of the engine and slightly to the right. Look down behind the engine and look for your right hand driveshaft. Just above it on the top of the transmission housing is a black plastic device with a two wire connector plugged into it, sticking vertically out of the housing. That's the VSS.
Its the connector about the small circle (where the passenger side axle goes) on the left hand side of the picture.

Do you have an auto or manual?
this is where im getting confused...from the pic and egz explanation its gunna be on the pass side, but according to niggly and miller and a few others it should be closer to drivers side?

i have an auto...

i really appreciate the help yall...

·
Registered
917 Posts
rdhrd4- I wrote my howto looking into the engine bay from the front. That way it wouldn't matter if it were LHD or RHD. At the end of the day it can be found at the rear of the engine, on the top face of the transmission housing. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts