Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I took my focus 2.0l tdci powershift auto for 120 000km service and upon return from the dealership it started jerking and not changing gears as it's supposed to. They told me they did the normal 120k service and changed the gearbox oil as well. I took it back 4 times and even now they fail to get it right. They programmed the memory and all the technical stuff that I could not understand and the problem still persist.

The technician now suggested to me that they would want to open the gear box and all that. What could be the problem? Has anyone experienced this with their automatic engines before? The suggested approach is gonna come at a heavy cost and I don't have a guarantee that the problem will be solved.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. If there's any recommendations of where I can take it to for tune up I'll also welcome them.

Regards
JG

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,679 Posts
More then likely they did a PCM/TCM update when you first went in for the 120,000 service
Ford does not have to get your permission to do a PCM/TCM and a lot of time you the Customer never knows

Ford Dealer gets paid by Ford for this so its a way to make thousands a year for 15 Min work to each Ford that comes in

I would check to see if they did a PCM/TCM update with out your OK , A PCM/TCM update could of caused this and the TCM didnt like it or was going bad and the update caused an issues with it

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tom

Yes they did those update your talking about. What do you suggest I do in this case now? When the engine is cold it's even worse. It gets stuck on gear 2 and i have to switch off the engine time and again for a while until it goes up to gear number 4. I'm even beginning to hate the brand which I liked so much.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts