Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the minor annoyances of my Focus is the unwillingness of the car to share the "oil life remaining" from the intelligent oil life monitor with the driver. It seems it will only share when a change is needed soon.

In a different forum, I noticed a Focus owner mentioning the oil life remaining at the time of an oil change. He said this was shown on the Vehicle Health Report, which is run on demand via Sync. I tried this - it didn't work. I called the Sync help line - they thought it should work but I needed to upgrade to the current Sync software version. Did that - still didn't work. It's now with the technical support staff (and has been for a couple weeks).

Has anyone else run a Vehicle Health Report lately? Does it provide this information to you? If so, is there a trick to it? Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
One of the minor annoyances of my Focus is the unwillingness of the car to share the "oil life remaining" from the intelligent oil life monitor with the driver. It seems it will only share when a change is needed soon.

In a different forum, I noticed a Focus owner mentioning the oil life remaining at the time of an oil change. He said this was shown on the Vehicle Health Report, which is run on demand via Sync. I tried this - it didn't work. I called the Sync help line - they thought it should work but I needed to upgrade to the current Sync software version. Did that - still didn't work. It's now with the technical support staff (and has been for a couple weeks).

Has anyone else run a Vehicle Health Report lately? Does it provide this information to you? If so, is there a trick to it? Thanks!
I have a Ford Focus SE Sport with MyFord Sync version 3.1.1. Whenever I run the VHR, I do not get the oil life remaining percentage. It just lets me know that everything is OK.

I also have a Ford Focus ST with MyFord Touch version 3.6. When I run VHR on that car, it does tell me the percentage left of oil life remaining. I would guess that if you car is equipped with MFT 3.6 or later, you should see this. If your car has MYFord, then depending on how old your system version is, you may not get this as part of the output.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would guess that you need myfordtouch for that feature, mine doesn't have MFT and I do not have the percentage read out on my VHR either.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I also have a Ford Focus ST with MyFord Touch version 3.6. When I run VHR on that car, it does tell me the percentage left of oil life remaining. I would guess that if you car is equipped with MFT 3.6 or later, you should see this. If your car has MYFord, then depending on how old your system version is, you may not get this as part of the output.
Is it telling you on the screen, or in the report you view online?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Ford Focus SE Sport with MyFord Sync version 3.1.1. Whenever I run the VHR, I do not get the oil life remaining percentage. It just lets me know that everything is OK.

The tech support folks suggested an upgrade to MyFord 3.1.6, which is the current version. Made no difference.

Another oddity: on the Syncmyride page for my car it noted I was on version 3.1.1 and no upgrades were available. Evidently it means no user-installed upgrades were available; the dealer was able to quickly move it to 3.1.6.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The tech support folks suggested an upgrade to MyFord 3.1.6, which is the current version. Made no difference.

Another oddity: on the Syncmyride page for my car it noted I was on version 3.1.1 and no upgrades were available. Evidently it means no user-installed upgrades were available; the dealer was able to quickly move it to 3.1.6.
Did they charge you for this upgrade? Also, does version 3.1.6 add applink to your car?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have MFT 3.6.2 and just ran one, and it doesn't say anything on my VRH online about oil status.

Odd.
I think you need to expand the "engine" tab to see it (click on the plus sign). It should be there. My ST is a 2013 model. I don't see why yours would be different.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did they charge you for this upgrade? Also, does version 3.1.6 add applink to your car?
No charge as I had it done on the last day of the 36 month full vehicle warranty. But it's not a long job so the cost would be nominal in any event. No idea what applink 3.1.6 is, but I don't have MFT.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think you need to expand the "engine" tab to see it (click on the plus sign). It should be there. My ST is a 2013 model. I don't see why yours would be different.

Nothing. Maybe you have to go below a certain threshold (like under 60%) or something for it to show up?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Nothing. Maybe you have to go below a certain threshold (like under 60%) or something for it to show up?
I get the same thing, which is absolutely worthless. But maybe the 60% threshold or similar is an answer. But you'd think Ford could tell me this in a time period not marked by changes in season.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My vehicle health report has never told me anything meaningful. It seems to be redundant to the check engine light. (no light means all systems go, right?)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree, I feel the VHR is rather useless. I left the parking brake on one time and ran one and just because the brake light was on I was told to drive to the dealer immediately because a 'problem has been detected with my braking system". Quite useless.
I wonder how many people will run to the dealer and pay a diagnostic fee for that one?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford finally provided an explanation for the Vehicle Health Report/IOLM issue: this function is only supported for 2013 and later models and even with the latest Sync software updates, 2012 models will not do this. Yet another reason not to be an "early adopter".

·
Registered
26 Posts
honestly, my canadian focus titanium dont even hv VHR on my MFT, and the system check is always saying " all system OK" that all....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts