Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy i have a few ? about the vct. i posted this thread but i guess it dont go through so i post a reply, ok now i was reading some info about the vct on the thread people posted like deleting it can how u can have a adjustable cam gear on the intake, now the ?s are if u delete the vct with out any mods or tune can u damage the motor and or lose power with out a tune right a way, and wat cam gears should i used? i wat r the pros and cons about deleteing the vct? i planing on keeping the svt N/A. so TOM or ANYBODY on this forum can give me some gud info please.

and the basically put all of this into a easier form wat can i do without the vct

thanks

zetec out

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe I'm getting old.

Can someone translate this?[scratch]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
surry guys if i made it confusing basically im asking about the vct as much info as posable and wat i can do with out the vct that i cant do with the vct. surry

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I would recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox as your web browser as it does spell check for you. That may make your questions seem a bit more clear!

As for the VCT, leave it alone unless you are having problems with it, it it goes out then you can look at a VCT delete and cam gears. And if you just did a VCT delete and cam gears, without a tune and installed the gears incorrectly I would say you will hurt your performance and probably your motor too.

·
Registered
808 Posts
x2
the only reason to do the vct delete is if yours is broken, its not meant to be a performance mod from my understanding.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I may be having some issues with my VCT. I turning my SVT into a track car, what benefits would a vct delete give me? And the other question that goes with that one, what do you lose by doing a VCT delete?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox as your web browser as it does spell check for you. That may make your questions seem a bit more clear!.
Best advice so far!

·
Registered
808 Posts
opera is better than firefox.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
How do you know if the VCT is broken?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have safari it have spell check but i was just doing internet talk guess some people dont understand some of the words.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
yes how do you know if VCT is broken?

·
Registered
93 Posts
What the #### does vct stand for? Was this a stupid question?

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I may be having some issues with my VCT. I turning my SVT into a track car, what benefits would a vct delete give me? And the other question that goes with that one, what do you lose by doing a VCT delete?
If you're building a track car, VCT delete allows you to tune for more upper RPM power. The downside is a less daily-driver-friendly power curve (more power up top, less down low). On a track car, you'll be in the upper RPMs most of the time anyway, so it's not a bad idea.

·
Registered
784 Posts
almost all automotive engines these days use some type of variable valve timing, whether its Ford's VCT, BMW's VANOS, Nissan's NVCS, Honda's VTEC, just to name a few. even old radial aircraft engines used this technology. its a great strategy to get the air in or exhaust out at the precise time of an engines any given RPM range. perfect for making an even power curve across the board. whether its cruising around town or racing down the track. i would keep the VCT, and let it do its job.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I agree... I would try to plan around the VCT as it gives you the better power curve. For simplicity's sake, it's easier to tune without it (so I hear), and on a track car, the engine's rarely going to be down below 4k rpm, if at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts