Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 2003 zx5 svt focus. Had oil on top at the VCT solenoid, so was going to remove and clean and see if O ring was bad. While removing it snapped into.....new to these I thought I could buy another. I was wrong! Need help on where to get another one or do I need to purchase a delete?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The shaft is press fit to the actuator body. Is the shaft still in the cylinder head? If this is all that has happened to yours you might be able to give the tube part stuck in the cylinder head a light tug and then just push it back onto the solenoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shaft is press fit to the actuator body. Is the shaft still in the cylinder head? If this is all that has happened to yours you might be able to give the tube part stuck in the cylinder head a light tug and then just push it back onto the solenoid.

View attachment 309865 View attachment 309867
That is exactly what mine looks like now since removed. Is it fixable?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine came apart a few years ago and I just press it back together when it does. Never had a check engine light from it and it seems to work as it should. I did replace both o - rings as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine came apart a few years ago and I just press it back together when it does. Never had a check engine light from it and it seems to work as it should. I did replace both o - rings as well.
Thanks so much for this information. That’s what I’ll try and see if it fixed it. I appreciate it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts