Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my car has been having some wierd surging at around 2800RPM. Everyone says that it is because of the stock tune (which I am sure isn't helping) but it didn't do this before. Last night I looked at it and I noticed it is leaking some oil out right at the base where it goes into the head! Has anyone had these issues before? Can I take that bolt out and pull it out to replace the seal?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you can pull it out and replace the O ring, but the surging issue isn't caused by the oil leak. it's a characteristic of the stock tune. you need a new tune to fix it

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't doubt the tune is causing alot of issues but it has gotten significantly worse recently.

The servo doesn't have some sort of crazy procedure for removing and replacing the seals does it? Just pull it right out?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yup, just remove the 8mm bolt, pull up, get the ring off, put the new one on, coat the new ring with some oil, and push the solenoid back in

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
not to thread jack here, but does anyone have a good source or part number for those 0-rings? I know they aren't a standard size..

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Cant get the O-ring from Ford by itself. You have to get the vct. But you can use an O-ring from like Home Depot.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I didn't think of home depot. But I did spend about 45 minutes at Napa going thru ALL their o-rings and didn't find one that fit! made me laugh.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So other people have had this leaking issue too?

Whats the deal with the grommets too. They are leaking like a siv! I ordered a gasket set thinking that the grommets would be in there but they weren't.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool document. Thing is that you don't need to remove the clip on the VCT wire, if you squeeze the clip it will release. The 944 has these things on everything... they are really nice imo.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
You talking about the "jesus clips"? They got that name becuase you go to remove it and it snaps and zings across the room and you say "Oh Jesus" as you try and see where it lands...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts