Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope ya'll had a great holiday season...

I got a CEL for christmas from my svtf! predator says adv cam timing p1381. Ive looked over the posts for this issue, and can't find anything similar. I don't have any problems with rough idle, bogging, slow starts, stalling, or anything else to indicate timing issues. car runs strong and smooth. Only the CEL. 100k mi -2004- svtf

I popped the cover, no oil next to the solenoid, pulled the sensor and bathed it in fresh oil to make sure no sludge had built up inside, reset the trouble codes and it will come right back on in about 10 minutes of running the car.

I want to fix my CEL but i don't have 100 bucks to blow on a new solenoid if it is still working... I have never altered the timing belt/cam gears/cams ...any ideas what else could be causing my p1381 CEL?? any ideas on how to narrow down the cause of my CEL?

as always, any help is much appreciated

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Not sure but could the viscosity of oil your using play a part with the code?
(higher viscosity and the cam gear is fed higher pressure too fast, retards too early)

What oil do you run?

Could be the connector for it. Test resistance of it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run 5w30 synthetic... I think thats the recommended.

i pulled the codes again and got p1380 and p1381... so it seems like my vct solenoid is failing. no circuit, no function. dead.

Where does one get a vct solenoid? autozone doesn't seem to have it, the dealer wants $150, can't find them online. any suggestions on where to get this part?

·
Registered
788 Posts
try reaching mike at hilbish, he may be able to help. 800 849 0233, ask for mike in parts. Or since they're probably closed, try sending him a pm, b16sir1991

1 - 4 of 4 Posts