Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on doing the VCT delete. Im not planning on boosting any time soon but I would get adjustable cams and a dyno tune this summer. R there any disadvantages to doing the delete if im not going to boost?

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Boost or NA there is no need to go to the VCT delete if your VCT is working properly

For the vct delete , 2 adj cam gears , dyno time your looking at over 500.00 for 0 gain in TQ or HP then another 420.00 for a flasher and tune to turn off the light for removing the VCT , your far better off for HP and TQ gains with a tune

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tom -

Similar question here... but in my case, while my VCT solenoid is broken, i already have the SCT flasher and your tune (thanks!!). The only significant non-stock items on my car are high-flow cat and aftermarket intake, and I have no immediate plans for further mods. what's your opinion on which way to go in that case - VCT delete, or just buy a new solenoid? seems like the delete might be less expensive, but can it be tuned for driveability w/out the VCT? my driving is mostly around town and some highway commuting.

Thanks,
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts