Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here‘s my 2011. Received it last year with only 20,000mi, all original. I reckon no one wanted to see a bone stock SE sedan with two years of unwashed pollen on it, seven hornets nests in all the door/trunk/hood gaps, and absolutely zero panache so let’s jump right to it’s current iteration.

Fiesta ST Rado wheels
Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires
OEM driving lamp surrounds with eBay yellow fogs, KC Hilites wiring harness
WeatherTech front, rear, and trunk liner
Sparco pedals
Powerstop drilled and slotted front rotors
eBay E46 style deck lid spoiler
eBay front splash guards

Comments and questions welcome, enjoy!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just updating as I’m finding some photos on my device.
Here were the stock old lady wheels and tires that I received the car with. The Fiesta Rado’s look much better IMO.
Note about fitment, the Rado’s bolt right up as they are 4x108 however (only) the passenger front rubbed the brake caliper. I think the offset is different than the Focus wheels by 3mm. Didn’t try swapping wheels from other positions to see if it was a wheel casting issue, just assume it was a brake caliper casting being a mm or three wider than the other. So I tried some Gorilla brand 3mm spacers - fixed the rubbing however created a vibration. Removed the budget Gorilla spacers and fitted 5mm H&R hubcentric spacers - no rubbing with these again however they too vibrated, albeit slightly less. Really couldn’t take the vibration any longer as it was just annoying once 60-65mph hit (went away above that) so removed the spacers and ground down the caliper to clearance. I know, proper offset wheels are the answer but I like the look of the Rado’s and they were affordable off CL.
The only thing I liked about the spacers is that the stance was a bit wider, specifically looked better in the back being 5mm each side/10mm overall wider.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did some maintenance. IDK, might sound a touch louder on the intake side, no other noticeable improvements. I run these on all my vehicles, never have a problem with them regardless of all the Internet naysayers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For an engine with only 20k miles these spark plugs looked beat. Swapped to Autolite AR103 ‘s.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found this door sill trim on eBay, says it is real CF. I had a sample piece from the seller, cut it in half to inspect it and it seems legit. Four pieces in two different lengths for front/back for $30. Dresses it up a bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dude I just found this thread after checking out your profile. You have like almost my same Focus and have done so many of the mods I have or have planned! Damn I should start a thread on mine too....

Also MAD jealous of your low mileage. Where the hell did you find that mint of a 2011?! My ‘09 has almost 150,000 on it, and while I love putting miles on her, I wish sometimes that the body was better off for wear....I mean I baby this car, but she’s my workhorse and my daily too, and I drive the piss out of her regardless...but MAN just look at the paint on your Focus!! It’s so pristine. I’m so envious

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude I just found this thread after checking out your profile. You have like almost my same Focus and have done so many of the mods I have or have planned! Damn I should start a thread on mine too....

Also MAD jealous of your low mileage. Where the hell did you find that mint of a 2011?! My ‘09 has almost 150,000 on it, and while I love putting miles on her, I wish sometimes that the body was better off for wear....I mean I baby this car, but she’s my workhorse and my daily too, and I drive the piss out of her regardless...but MAN just look at the paint on your Focus!! It’s so pristine. I’m so envious
Thanks!
It was a retirees car from within my family. They drove it to the market and the doctors twice a month and that’s about it. Mostly the paint is in great shape, one or two door dings and some scratches from a lawnmower going down along the driveway. The interior still looks and smells new too. It hasn’t passed 27,000 miles yet as it’s a second (third really) vehicle for me.
The thing with the 2008-2011’s is there’s not much to do to them. Next I’ll probably replace the shocks and struts and do some sport springs, and tint the windows. Beyond that I’ll just drive it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out my SVT suspension thread, it TOTALLY transforms the car and the springs/shocks/strut/swaybar kit only costs like $50 more than just doing factory shocks and struts!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check out my SVT suspension thread, it TOTALLY transforms the car and the springs/shocks/strut/swaybar kit only costs like $50 more than just doing factory shocks and struts!
Yep I’ve posted in your thread, I’ve read through it. It looks like it turned out really well. Congrats!
Weighing options for sure. I’d like more of a 1” drop so not sure if those springs in the setup you used are what I’m looking for. Will see, I’m not in a big rush!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts