Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Engine valve & lifter cleaner (Valve-Kleen) for hidrauligh plungers in our zetec help to reduce the tractor/diesel sound get away??? in my country some ones uses that product for this use...

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i would use seafoam through the gas tank or through the brake booster

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
you can get it at most auto parts store or you can order it online... you can just dump one bottle in a half tank of premium fuel, or for a more effective way you can pour 3/4 of a bottle in the brake booster line where it goes into the intake manifold, do it slowly so the engine does not turn off. after you pour it in turn the car off for 7 minutes and then turn it on and rev it up. you will see lots of smoke come out of the tail pipe. this is all the crap in you engine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where at the web can I find it?? a pic, brand name will help me... I don't know in my country with that name (seafoam),,, I'll apreciated ur help...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link.. I'll see if I can get some around here (Costa Rica) or buy online...

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Brivon is talking about treating the oil and badass3 is talking about something to treat the intake and fuel system one doesent have anything to do with the other

If your getting a lot of valve lash noise then you need to deal with that not try so voodoo treatment ment to drain you wallet and do nothing for your cars engine

Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks tom, I know tha tractor-diesel sound is normal in our zetecs just trying to find how to lower the sound,,, what can I do in order to do it??? thanks in advance..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts