Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've beenwondering this too....my throttle and cruise control cables have been wearing a "notch" in the top of the cover and would like to get one to replace that one.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
you can also swap to a contour valve cover and have it powercoated any color you want. the contours got metal valve covers... thats what i did. you just have to swap to a contour gasket.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i am pretty sure mine doesnt leak but i havent checked in a while. if you are worried about that you could also use rtv along with the gasket.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gump1114 I just saw your pic of your contour valve cover and ill i have to say is Badass. where did you get it? and who powercoated it?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gump1114 I OWE YOU BIG time thanks a lot. look at this but it will be on our valve cover with my mach audio damn it will look good.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
phatlt23 said:
Gump1114 I OWE YOU BIG time thanks a lot. look at this but it will be on our valve cover with my mach audio damn it will look good.

i accept paypal, checks, money orders, as well as cash money!

·
Registered
958 Posts
is the contour or focus sport cover lighter than the stock cover?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
phatlt23 said:
will my stock oil cap work?
mine did, but i know at some point ford changed the design of the oil cap. so if you bought one you could just try yours and if it doesnt work you can pick one up for a contour at an auto parts store fairly cheap.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well simply does the contour take the srew on or the 1/4 turn oil cap?

·
Registered
958 Posts
does neone know if these replacement covers are lighter/heavier/the same??

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

I was wondering that too.....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts