Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the Vortech on my car. I converted the draw-through MAF to blowthrough. Since I had to make all my charges pipes by hand, I do not have a fitting to connect the hose which connects to the valve cover on my charge pipe.

It also has ALOT of pressure! I'm ordering my PCV valve from CFM that should address it though.

My question is, what should I do with it? If I put it in my intake it will pour oil into the intake manifold, and more importantly the MAF sensor.

I've thought about putting a "blockoff" on it. I've seen it on some SRT-4s before. I don't know exactly what its called, but I've heard some people refer to it as a "valve cover condom". I guess thats right though, seeing as thats exactly what it is.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
yeah i would probably suggest a catch can so that you dont get any more oil spilled in your engine bay then you already have. from what i have heard is that blocking it off can be rather harmful as crankcase pressure can become too high. but i dont know if this is true.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is there any long term negative to running a breather/catch can instead of having it plumbed back into the intake?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have used a catch can in the past for exactly what you are talking about. You can order them from just about anyone. Get a smaller one. I ran it to the fire wall, then put a small bung into the oil pan so I could drain it back to the pan with the car shut off. Deff. get one with a lower drain valve. It would fill with oil about every few days on the street or after about every other session at the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts