Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friendly focus owners,, i am installing my vc gasket and i have a question,,
isnt there sometype of sealant to be put on the gasket please post asap as i have the cover off right now and its starting to rain!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually im waiting on the new one to arrive what diff types are there and how do u install each??

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is the 2000 sedan the cover is on now because started pooring its a$$ off here!!! i am replacing it because it has an oil seeep

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just got the gasket and parts plus sent me the wrong one ..they sent the gasket for the sohc. i guess that shows there intelligence! i had to tell them 3 times it was the zetec and they still get it wrong. well any info on the sealant stuff that goes on it or install will help thanks

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
make sure you tell them that the engine VIN is "3." at most parts stores i know (including the one i work at), they don't go by what the "name" of the engine is. they go by the VIN. it makes for one giant PITA, but that's just how they do it.

MIke

BTW- if it's a rubber gasket, i wouldn't bother with any silicone

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx whiteboy!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello guys where do these little rubber grommets that came with the rubber gasket go???

please help asap!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they gave me another gasket that is for the dohc but it does not fit, the the center parts of the gasket do not go all the way down the cover like the old one did!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts