Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know what the valve cover breather is for. My question is I have just a filter hooked up to it because im going to be boosted when it starts up again. Was reading someone's post and saw Orange post about not using a filter b/c they clog and then back pressure builds up. He said you guys just run tubing to atmosphere, my question is how do you guys usually hook this up? I assume just some vac line (size?) and then run it down to the ground or something. A little clarification and maybe a pic of your lines is all i think i need. Looking at the fi gallery i see the lines disappear into the engine bays and would like to know where you guys hook up the other end.

Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
To atmosphere, they just run the hose to where it will drain on the ground underneath the car. If you have strict auto laws like California's Car Nazis then look into a oil catch can.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have a filter on mine as well. But what Tom recommends is just running that tube down near the trans pointing to the ground. From the valve cover breather down next to the trans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts