Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I own a ST170 and im currently looking to do a few engine mods to do to it nothing major but somthing to give it good power per dollar. I live over in Australia and the modding scene for the focus over here is only a handful of people so all the parts im considering will be coming from overseas. Pref focus sports.

I currently have a Cat Back Exhaust System and K&N Short Ram Intake.

Im not considering racing headers at this time because of the removal of the cat, but im considering a Focus Sports Underdrive and Also some Kent Cams Cam Gears also from Focus Sports all with the kent cams competition cam belt and underdrive pully belt.

Would this be the best idea for value for money as my budget would be around $700 US max thats including the shipping over here.

Any other ideas would be very helpful.[thumb]

Also will i need to upgrade my fuel injectors??? and would upgrading my spark plugs and leads be a good idea?

Any information would be great as i cant get any information over here about my foci.

Thanks Guys

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
nice car!!! and i also have a SVT. now im pretty sure that or headers are going to be the same. dont take them off. the SVT headers are the best you can buy for our Foci. now cams....im not sure they are available yet for our SVT's. you can go with underdrive pulleys. but you really should read up on the longterm affects that UP have on our motors. the crank for example will cause the internals to vibrate a bit more, simply cause the big fat rubber thing on our currect crank pulley wont be there to harmonisize(sp) as far as your fuel injectors go, you wont have to worry about them until you plan on going with force induction. and the plugs and wires is a more cheaper thing you can do to get a bit more performance. i went with Bosch Platinums and FRPP 9mm wires. the first thing you must do if not already. you have to upgrade the rear tranny mount, and get a short throw shifter. this forum is has a ton of knowledge packed into it. if you ever need an answer, or help. come here first[thumb]

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a Steeda STS, and I like though if I were to buy one now I'd probably get the C-F-M adjustable shifter.
The rear engine mount is a must, same with a tune.
I have a Screamin Deamon coil pack and Live Wires, they are fairly cheap and it does make the car run better but it won't make a major diffrence performance wise.

Nice looking car! I'd love to see some interior pics if you get a chance.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Get a tune, best mod for the $

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Aus_ST170 said:
Ok i just did a quick search regarding the rear tranny mount and came across a post about removing the Getrag Shift Linkage Counterweight. so ill do that and just looking at the rear engine mount and short throw shifter now. just checking out the brands. thanks guys
Hey you have the same Bumper I do!!!!!!! Hurray for R34 Bumpers

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
id get a predator with toms tune. and maybe a ported or 65mm tb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts