Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Focus have a "valet key" that unlocks only the doors and starts the engine? I've got a stuck trunk, and Pops believes that the trunk has been locked with a different key, therefore I can't open it with my "valet key".

However, I got into my trunk through the back seats, and the manual-release lever doesn't even work! If there was such thing as a valet key that locks the trunk, wouldn't that negate the manual-release level in the trunk?

I'm positive that a little kid, who happens to be stuck in the trunk, isn't going to be okay with a non-functional release handle just because the owner wants his trunk to be off-limits to the valet.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
cyrollan said:
Does the Focus have a "valet key" that unlocks only the doors and starts the engine? I've got a stuck trunk, and Pops believes that the trunk has been locked with a different key, therefore I can't open it with my "valet key".

However, I got into my trunk through the back seats, and the manual-release lever doesn't even work! If there was such thing as a valet key that locks the trunk, wouldn't that negate the manual-release level in the trunk?

I'm positive that a little kid, who happens to be stuck in the trunk, isn't going to be okay with a non-functional release handle just because the owner wants his trunk to be off-limits to the valet.
No valet key was issued for the focus to my knowledge. It's not like you couldn't enter through the backseat anyways. I mean come on we don't have a lock on our glove box.

It sounds like the locking mechanism is jammed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts