Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This is my first post here. My dad and I have replaced the cylinder head on my 2001 focus 2.0 sohc spi. We have everything hooked back up except for this one hose that is connect to the intake manifold. We can't find where the other end of it connects to. I have searched everywhere but we are stuck! Can someone please help? We un hooked the hose and got these numbers off of it 98AB 18C266. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
In order to post a picture, the easiest way is to get a free account at Photobucket, download the pic to there, then use the IMG tags to post it here. Once you have the photo loaded in your album, go to the photo page, and below the photo you'll see several selections of text for copying to relay to that picture. Look for the ones with

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
OH, this might help you figure out what it is:

Look at the VECI sticker under the hood. This gives the vacuum routing schematic. All you have to do is identify where each of the components listed in the VECI is, and then trace vacuum back from there. There's not much: EGR, purge valve, brake booster, PCV, and that's all the general ones. The SPI might have 1-2 more, but I wouldn't think there's a ton of extras. EFI vehicles are fairly vacuum-less, and the Focus doesn't use vacuum for climate control actuation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we found it with some help from the Ford Parts guy. My car has sat since february it took that long to get all the things together that we needed to replace. We got everything hooked up last night and turned the engine over. It started with some help of jumper cables, but as soon as we took the cables off it died. It is smoking alot through the spark plug hole on #2. Dad says it is because everything in there is new and it will smoke like that until it gets worn in. I am scared that it might be another problem.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
The battery is toast. If you take it in to have it recharged, they will tell you that it's toast. Once you get a new battery, use either a digital multi-meter on the battery after the car is started to be sure that you have alternator voltage, or use the electronic odometer test mode which means simply Key off, press and hold reset button, turn key to On holding button until the odometer reads [test]. Release the reset button, now ever time you press and release the button you will go through another test mode- look for the one that reads [bat 12.3], if you miss it, you can go back through again, but there are like 30 different selections. Now start the car without turning the key off, and the odometer will stay in test mode. This will now show alternator voltage which should be higher than battery voltage, but not higher than 14.9v.

The alternator needs the battery to create a magnetic field, so it won't charge the battery if there isn't enough voltage from the battery to begin with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much! My car is up and running now. It does have some sort of clicking noise on acceleration. It can only be heard with the windows down. It is on the passenger side of the engine. Dad says it could be some bad gas or left over stuff from the "over-haul in a bottle" that i put in shortly before my car bit the dust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts