Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i have a vacuum leak but where are ALL the lines theres some on the manifold but where else and would the vacuum leak cuz my car to idle rough and hesitate when i drive. if you want to know more ask me more specific ?'s and ill get more into detail. thanks hope you guys can help cuz im at my wits end end if i can get the rough idilng and hesitating ot stop ill keep the car but if not i dont know PLEASE HELP ME BE HAPPIER WITH MY FOCUS

·
Registered
793 Posts
the DPFE sensor may not throw the CEL mine is bad and no CEL yet!

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
If it is a vaccuum leak you can check by taking a propane torch ( do no light it) with the gas on, and move it around the vaccuum lines. The engine should be on when you do this, listen for the idle of the engine to rise, and you'll find your leak, the propane will act as a fuel and will be pulled into the engine. This is a great way to find any vaccuum leaks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
you are correct hockeyman,, i think the ecu's operating range is too large!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
2000 i believe and maybe 01'

·
Registered
131 Posts
If it is a vaccuum leak you can check by taking a propane torch ( do no light it) with the gas on, and move it around the vaccuum lines. The engine should be on when you do this, listen for the idle of the engine to rise, and you'll find your leak, the propane will act as a fuel and will be pulled into the engine. This is a great way to find any vaccuum leaks.
that is somthing i would have never thought of.....

i'll add it to my list...

thanks Mr. Wizard lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Myn does the same thing i found that i had a big exhaust leak and i got it fixed then i was told my o2 sensors were bad so i replaced them and the car runs great now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts