Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuation of previous post. Found a vacuum leak at the imrc acuator lever. Beneath the throttle body. It’s actually where the cable from the imrc module connects. Anybody know anything about this? Not sure what seals the shaft that runs thru the manifold. Any help? First 2 photos are at imrc lever, leak is at shaft where round keeper is. Third & fourth pics are under cable mounting bracket-Black plastic. Pulling vacuum at shaft. Is there something inside that should seal from vacuum leak. Also there is arubber grommet inside bracket. Should this seal from vacuum leak? Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CEL on-codes 171 & 1518. I thought 171 might be a vacuum leak, so I searched w/propane & only found this spot. Weird coincidence that this is where the leak is & showing a code for IMRC. Car seems to run fine. No idle problems. In Arizona you can’t pass emissions & renew license w/cel on & after clearing codes, the car & all modules/sensors have to clear before getting a “green” light to pass.

·
FF Affiliate
30,361 Posts
Many things can cause the P0171 , Vac leak , I would use smoke not propane much easier and safer

Bad front o2 sensor How old is yours ?

Blown Fuse to the front o2 , bad wiring to front o2

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cel came on about a year ago indicating front o2 sensor. Replaced it & that code-I forget what #- did not come back on. I have not checked any fuses. But I will. Will check wiring also. Arizona pack rats are notorious for chewing wiring. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts