Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed a vacuum gauge in their 2nd gen focus. I found one on ebay made by a company called Glow Shift it's white faced and you can select from 7 colors. I think It has a color close to the gauge lighting. I need to figure out where to mount it. Anybody know who makes a good looking single gauge pod?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Has any one installed a vacuum gauge in their 2nd gen focus. I found one on ebay made by a company called Glow Shift it's white faced and you can select from 7 colors. I think It has a color close to the gauge lighting. I need to figure out where to mount it. Anybody know who makes a good looking single gauge pod?
IMO the best gauge mounts are in the drivers side windshield pillar. Nice three-somes are so cool.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Forced inducted?? Imo I would install it either on the steering column or the pillar

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
No he is buying a Vacuum gauge, not boost gauge, haha.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I say take out the center stack HUD (if you have an aftermarket head unit) and put it there

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i was under the impression we cant install a pillar pod due to the air bags in it? also it is the easiest thing ever to install since there is a spot on the front of the manifold that you just pull the nipple off of put the line right there(= i mounted mine on the console. ill post a pic in a few

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
someone thought the op meant a boost gauge and he was correcting them.
Yup, i read it wrong.

OP, thats a nifty spot there. Would of never thought of that, I wouldn't be able to place it there, sometimes when i drive my leg rest on that spot on a long drive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking the same thing as st12131, I put in a Kenwood Navi unit and the only info on the dash display now is the outside temp. I may have to find a shop that does fiberglass work and have them make that hood a little taller, the vacuum gauge is a 52 mm (2" ) gauge. I could put 3 - 2" gauges in there. I guess I will buy the vacuum gauge, and then look for a good fiberglass shop around Phoenix area. I think that would look good almost like a factory installation.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I wouldnt be able to deal with the gauges there. I rest my leg against the console so I would think it would get mighty annoying really quick.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
willie we have airbags in our pillars thus cant have a pod mount there. thats why glowshift doesnt have one listed for our year

·
Registered
76 Posts
If that's the case with the air bag system, I would have to figure out a way to flip over to the passenger side and angle it for viewing.

It also looks good where you have it mounted as long as it doesn't get in your way when you're driving, I just couldn't have it there.

You have a two gauge pod, what's in the top hole?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts