Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself a 03 SVT Focus after getting in an accident with my 1993 Cobra I let insurance screw me over because I am young and stupid. I was at my friends house he said in one of his pass Fast Mustangs & Fords he saw a Fox v8 swap into a focus. I tierd to search it online and at there website to download PDF but wasnt able to, does anyone know if this is possible or any facts on this? I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I figured the swap would section would be best. It might just have me keep the car instead of selling it.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
Yes its possible, its a lot of work and not cheap by any means. Kugel Komponents sells most of whats needed for the conversion but i know they dont sell everything you will have to do some hunting and searching for the rest of the parts. There are maybe 2 or 3 v8 focus owners on here hopefully they will chime in with more info for ya

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focus.html

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
if you have the time you can fabricate your own stuff and that keeps cost way down. you already have the drivetrain for it and all the wiring. 20k is still ridiculous for a swap... those kits are a lot, but I guess you pay for convenience.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey just imo, if you are going to do. Swap sell the svt and get a regular focus cuz those svt are one nice ride. Imo

·
Registered
146 Posts
I actually have the issue of mustangs and fast fords with that article in it. Its pretty sweet and if you can do all the work your self you could easily keep cost under 10k. They had the car running 12s in the 1/4 mile with a almost stalk 302.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Never heard of a V-8 swapped focus......

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Yeah hears a little video of one of them.
http://youtu.be/dgeAVXvlKk0
HAHAHAHAHAAAAaaahhahaha........

I know.... that was filmed in front of my house.... wanna guess who was driving it???

I was kidding about never seeing one..... just do a search on here for zx408

·
Registered
146 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAAAAaaahhahaha........

I know.... that was filmed in front of my house.... wanna guess who was driving it???

I was kidding about never seeing one..... just do a search on here for zx408
Ok, now i feel kinda stupid about that lol. I had no idea you were joking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it might be a long road maybe if I can pick up a roller or something I'd do it. I got a nice engine is my Cobra it has: Holley Systemmax II, Custom Cam, 185AFR, and Stroked 331. But it seems it would be cheaper just to fix the 93 up.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The "cool factor" of a V8 focus is pretty nice.... but for what it costs to build one you can have a 9 second fox body.

·
Registered
90 Posts
its a noval idea but the coolness of it is lost when it comes down to buying the very expensive conversion parts. That and the majority of them ive seen are carbed for some stupid reason.
On top of chopping up the body, moving/removing body components like the gas tank it just doesnt feel like it would make a great dd either.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
its a noval idea but the coolness of it is lost when it comes down to buying the very expensive conversion parts. That and the majority of them ive seen are carbed for some stupid reason.
On top of chopping up the body, moving/removing body components like the gas tank it just doesnt feel like it would make a great dd either.
It makes sense to run them carbed so that you don't have to worry about piggybacking an ecu.

I would think that it would make more sense to swap a V8 into one of the wagons instead, though. The longer wheel base would make for a much less squirley car in the corners.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Short answer is yes, but it's a hefty investment, better really ask yourself if you're ready to go through all the crap of properly engineering a car and sorting out a bunch of gremlins because even the Kugel kit is not simply plug and play.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts