Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a v8 focus that was swapped back in 2006. Needless to say there are some parts that have worn out.

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the replacement parts for the focus swap.

I'm running the kugel 302 kit.

I need both motor mounts, they look like mustang parts, but they could be anything.
Also the steering floor mount, bushing thing that goes on the firewall for the column to pass through.

Let me know if you guys have any info..

Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
80 Posts
wow I was workign witht he seller on ebay for that car. then like monday they just stopped returning my emails. I am glad I didnt get it I guess. Fun? any pics? it should be mustang mounts also.

I talked them down to 5500 and they were going to take it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just regular fox body mounts, right.

This is the list I came up with after looking at it for about 30 minutes.

Dip stick
Wipers
Motor mounts
Pinion angle
Pinion seal
Steering bushing
Back up lights
Ignition
Wheels
Tires
A c
Dash lights
Power locks
Radio
Fuel tank
Shifter
Boot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like it was done as cheap as possible and sat up for ages. The steering was just about locked up from rust on all the joints and fittings. The motor mounts are so dry rot that they collapsed. The whhels are not the right size so the body hits the tires on bumps to the point where I thought the steel belt was ripped. Etc etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have seen this car for sale a few times on ebay. as I remember it came form back east so check for rust.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
hell its worth the work your gonna have one beastly focus when you get it all freshened up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It waiting for me to get done with another project. But it keeps getting worse. It's actually leaking water, I've had cars that were over 40 years old and they were all better off than this thing. The rear is a stock 5.0 2.73 stock focus radiator, no sway bars, driveshaft is hitting the floor board because the pinion angle is so far off. And the wheelbase is wrong too. Got to figure out if they installed the rearend in the wrong place or if the adjustment is just that far off.

It's pretty much the worst car I have ever seen put together. Unbelievable lack of care when putting the interior back together, or making anything actually work. If you name a part of a car, any part there is a almost certainty that it is wrong/broken on this car.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
When I saw this at first I thought it was my old V8 focus.... but mine had a 3.73 gear in it and a 408 stroker..... and pretty much everything else was in great shape as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This one was built in New Mexico from what I can gather in the title history.

Looks like someone ordered the engine cradle, rear mount, and steering setup and chopped the rest of it together with an old beat up 5.0 mustang and stock parts. then the paint oh god the paint.. it's got macco all over it.. they even sprayed the gaps, and it's all orange peeling and flaking off.

It's such a low buck build up that it's using unbraided rubber hose for the fuel line that runs the length of the car.. that's not just dangerous it's stupid. will cost about 50 bucks in fittings and a length of hose to make the line safe.

When I get a chance to start working on it I plan on seeing if kugel or any of the old venders have the parts I'm missing if not it's going to be up to fabrication and money to fill in the voids.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The ZX408 is still in Texas as far as I know with the guy that John traded/ripped off.....

He had an 05 or 06 blown Mustang he just sold and sent me an email the other day wanting my old turbo Mustang back...lol!

Anyway, I would just buy a couple Mustang mounts from Jegs or something,some nice Poly ones.

Sounds like you are running into the classic issues when buying someones else project. Usually find the things where aguy tried to save money or just flat ran out of Money and pieced it together to make it mobile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts