Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! first, i gotta say, i like the new design of this site...pretty sweet...
anyway

i was wondering if there's anyone who has heard of getting the v6 cougar engine put in a zx3?

if so...what other mods were done, and was it worth it in the end?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
2.5L SVT Contour engine has been fit in an SVT before. a few others have done the V6 conversion, besides engine bay mods there will be a lot of drive train work too.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
do the SVT contours fly? or can the SVT focus keep up alright.. i guess the contour goes faster since people took the time and money to put it into the focus

·
Registered
115 Posts
before i got my focus the other car that i wanted was an svt contour. they are pretty sweet. as far as keeping up with the svt focus im not sure. but i know i'd take one.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
when the 2.5l conversion was done and tested....it wasn't too impressive and handling went seriously downhill...car ran 7's 0-60 and 15's in the 1/4....for that much cash to run 14's...i'll pass and spend what i have on my motor...much less than the swap...as for the handling you could get custom rate springs...but blah

·
Registered
42 Posts
Zarelli6 said:
do the SVT contours fly? or can the SVT focus keep up alright.. i guess the contour goes faster since people took the time and money to put it into the focus
it's not really that the contour is a lot faster, but the engine's more powerful with a nice torque curve, and the focus weighs a lot less than the contour does, plus it has better handling characteristics.. so putting the contour SVT V6 in the focus makes a very nice little package. the SVT contour is probably just about as fast as the SVT focus, maybe a little faster but not much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I did a 98 svt into my cougar (started its life as a 2.0 zetec) and with just that i could haul a svt focus np you cant really say a lot of shit bout 195 hp stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts