Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Hmmm I'll have to hold off till fitment is correct. I wanna be steadily scraping haha
Like I've said before for those that actually follow (or at least have read all of) the thread and future possible buyers, the fitment as advertised is the only problem. And also like I've said previously, if you don't need the ability to go back up them they are great the way they are now.

Those of us that weren't advised should have a legitimate fix. Period. I could care less who pays for it so long as it isn't the current owner. Those who were advised have no right to complain or expect a fix as they were previously aware, unless other promises were made.

And as noted earlier in the deleted section, Mike is now informing people of the kits deficiency.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Right, I want the low of vmax but I'll
Wait till either something comes out or vmax makes things right.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
V-maxx is in process of a complete redesign of the coil overs to include their xtremes & big brake kit for N/A n ST

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Just curious on if an update has occurred?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
no update yet, i am waiting on an email from VMaxx- HQ

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've appended this thread to the Aftermarket Parts master list, as it's pretty useful info and user feedback. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
So still no word at all on getting their fault fixed? I've been extremely disappointed with these coilovers fit and vmaxx as a company. They should own up to their mistakes.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Email Austin from Vmaxx if you have a warrenty issue or are just dissatisfied in the product you have. They are working on the new MK3 versions and should be letting me or Austin know a release date..but im not sure what they are doing about the older versions

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
So still no word at all on getting their fault fixed? I've been extremely disappointed with these coilovers fit and vmaxx as a company. They should own up to their mistakes.
Exactly this. The first of the year came and passed 5 months ago tomorrow. My rear adjusters are frozen, so a fix doesn't do me much good now.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
didnt you only get these recently?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Exactly this. The first of the year came and passed 5 months ago tomorrow. My rear adjusters are frozen, so a fix doesn't do me much good now.
I recommend emailing or calling Austin about warranty issues with your products.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
I recommend emailing or calling Austin about warranty issues with your products.
I'm not overly concerned about my set anymore. V-Maxx has had plenty of time to correct this and has chosen to make this a back-burner issue, and that's all I've needed to see in regards to the company as a whole. Between marketing Mk2 coil overs as a fit to the Mk3, marketing Mk3 diesel springs for the Ti-VCT, and then not fixing either fitment issues in a timely manner, I've seen all I need to see with this company and their products and customer/product-issue resolution.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'm not overly concerned about my set anymore. V-Maxx has had plenty of time to correct this and has chosen to make this a back-burner issue, and that's all I've needed to see in regards to the company as a whole. Between marketing Mk2 coil overs as a fit to the Mk3, marketing Mk3 diesel springs for the Ti-VCT, and then not fixing either fitment issues in a timely manner, I've seen all I need to see with this company and their products and customer/product-issue resolution.
Well said. I was really hoping they would resolve the issue and release a updated coilover. Sportlines are the way to go on the cheap but if you factor in a nice set of springs you start approaching the cost for a set of these Vmaxx coilovers. Fortunately, I've got a couple more years or 20,000 miles to wait. I get the same feeling about these as I do with the injected exhaust, intake, header. If they're not going to build it, or it's going on the back burner, at least come on the forum and say something. You've got members watching these threads for months with money in their hands when ultimately they could be forced to purchase a different product 6 months later due to a non release/update. Let's not forget the whole SCT debacle either.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've emailed them 3 times and they have not responded to me once. My coils started riding pretty rough and squeaking now. Definitely one of the worst companies I've dealt with. I will definitely never buy another product from them. I should have just gone with the Raceland MS3 coilover route and saved an extra couple hundred bucks. Well fingers crossed that they get back to me this time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
how low have people gotten so far with the mk3? im currently on sportline springs and want to go lower. im curently sitting at 24.5 inchs up front at 25 inchs from ground to top of fender

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
how low have people gotten so far with the mk3? im currently on sportline springs and want to go lower. im curently sitting at 24.5 inchs up front at 25 inchs from ground to top of fender
This low.

I'm at roughly 23.5-23.75", but I have 18" wheels with under-sized tires and haven't had to modify the pinch-weld yet. I've seen a couple of Mk3's lower than mine, but they were running 17's.

I definitely don't recommend the V-Maxx as you're going to have to modify them for fitment to start with, let alone getting much lower than Sportlines (for 4x the cost). There were claims that there would be fixes available the 1st of the year and that there would be an actual Mk3 set, but neither have come to fruition. My rears have frozen in under a years' time and they all-around look like hell-and I don't even have 'winter' to deal with.

On the plus side, they ride rather well when it's warm (if you're not on bump-stops).

·
Registered
666 Posts
We have one last set of this model, but as Dyn said, fitment is not accurate... they are redesigning for the MK3. We researched and figured out the fix for the rear adj issue, but V-Maxx didnt want to foot the bill.

161 - 180 of 224 Posts