Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 224 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I have to say, if your car acts like a plow, aren't you worried about damaging your bumper?

And raising the chance of snow building up wedging against the under engine tray? Like a wedge effect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Nah because snow does go under my car and get busted up and your motor is hot so you actually get a pocket of hot air circulating under your car that will help melt up any thing that will come under the car. :) and snow on a bumper isn't a big deal it just moves out of the way and in 4+ inches of snow your guys cars at stock height will still be hitting snow in patches :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Got the car back on the ground yesterday and it's sitting nice and low she loves it still not quite as low as me ;)
Over all I'm extremely happy with the car I can't wait to get the wheels off and put the new ones on she's more excited then me haha but even tho the product doesn't "fit" these cars it works and it does what it is ment to do and if your popping pear he's out to get lower it's your fault you can't raise it safely. All likes from me I love the low life

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I just hate that with both coilovers and the likes of sportlines, you have a reverse rake.
So far only these coilovers. Nobody has really posted reviews of others, but on a properly designed set you should be able to add or remove rake as you see fit.

Also caution-rake is a topic that should probably have it's own thread...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I don't have reverse rake this is flat the car is sitting flat your front fenders have a higher arch then the rears another way around this issue is fitting the wheels to fit. Closer to the fender and honestly with the wheels she had chosen were gonna need to be able to lift it a quarter inch so I'm really not worried about it. If you really want your front end lower then swap out the springs but good luck with that cause your going to wear out axles and tie rods and bushings all day. I've been thru it all

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Got a ride in the focus and they ride great for being spun all the way down front and rear! She's happy with them witch is all that matters they ride a little bouncy but that is to be expected with coil overs all the way down. We had a test fit of the soon to be wheels and now we're thinking about switching to air ride. Because why not lay frame? I think this product is a bomb proof product! I would do it again.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
As mentioned, it's the wheel arches that make it look that way.
A staggered set up would probably fix that, but it's the front that would have to have the bigger wheel.
Ew no just run like 8"wide all around and run a smaller tire up front :) win

Sent from FedEx 2 weeks late

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
As you already know the kit we are currently selling was initially designed for the European MKII Focus, which even though it fits (with mods) the MKIII Focus, it doesn't fit correctly, namely the adjustment issues. We had components in the shop from both vehicles, along with our Sedan, to view the differences and to discuss a fix for their current kit and what to change for the upcoming kits for the Focus. We should have the fix for the rear adjustment issue very soon (within the first 2 weeks of Sept.). The update will be given to the current owners and applied to the remaining in stock kits.
I think we're just waiting for this time frame to occur ^^^...

Just more vaporware. [rolleyes]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I have contacted a member on here that is a machinist to make these parts and providing costs are not astronomical, RDC will pay for these parts and get them to the members that want more adjustment. The initial quote from the local shop was too high and VMaxx said to try to source out a place with a better price. For any immediate issues please contact V-Maxx about them... contact info is listed in thos thread

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have contacted a member on here that is a machinist to make these parts and providing costs are not astronomical, RDC will pay for these parts and get them to the members that want more adjustment. The initial quote from the local shop was too high and VMaxx said to try to source out a place with a better price. For any immediate issues please contact V-Maxx about them... contact info is listed in thos thread
How is these issues being sort? Machining longer threads? :), just curious.

Cheers,
Vince

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Thanks Duane, hey the vmax are essentially the lowest coilovers available right? Fitment issues in mind

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Thanks Duane, hey the vmax are essentially the lowest coilovers available right? Fitment issues in mind
Currently, yes. Some have gotten lower using coils fitted from other cars, but these are the lowest Focus-specific coils.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Hmmm I'll have to hold off till fitment is correct. I wanna be steadily scraping haha

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
[thumb]

141 - 160 of 224 Posts